Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warning: Avoid Sunoco Gas Station At Dundas/427
Just a friendly warning guys...

Anyone traveling through the mississauga/etobicoke border avoid the sunoco gas station at dundas/427.

I went there to fill up last night... First time using my bank card in about a week. and royal bank calls me today saying they've cancelled my bank/visa card as a fraud precaution.

Greaat :rolleyes:

so just a bit of a warning, i dont really know if anyone on here is from around that area.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
holy s***, that sucks man. At least your bank caught it quick.
scoobasteve,Apr 5 2006, 02:41 PM Wrote:Just a friendly warning guys... 

Anyone traveling through the mississauga/etobicoke border avoid the sunoco gas station at dundas/427.

I went there to fill up last night... First time using my bank card in about a week.  and royal bank calls me today saying they've cancelled my bank/visa card as a fraud precaution.

Greaat :rolleyes:

so just a bit of a warning, i dont really know if anyone on here is from around that area.
[right][snapback]179215[/snapback][/right]

I've blown by there on the way to the Tim Horton's meets. Thanks for the heads up though. Guess I'll just stick to Shell and my EasyPay tag (even if it does lead to some hellacious credit card bills if I do a bit of travelling in a month)

NefCanuck
There's a new thing out called.....................................cash, you guys should try it.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Apr 5 2006, 03:01 PM Wrote:There's a new thing out called.....................................cash, you guys should try it.
[right][snapback]179223[/snapback][/right]

Cash? what is this "cash" thing you speak of? :P

Seriously though, I carry around only a bare minimum of cash these days. Much safer that way ;)

NefCanuck
2001 ZTS,Apr 5 2006, 03:01 PM Wrote:There's a new thing out called.....................................cash, you guys should try it.

Its a very odd occasion when i actually have cash on me. Its just easier to use debit/credit card to pay for things.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

pfft, then you dont get canadian tire money :(
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
RBC is quick with that. They caught it on mine as well when I went to some gas station last year, I don't remember which. I'd used my CC, so they gave me a new one.

Though RBC is annoying with another things... they suspended my account once cuz I bought a lot of expensive things. Good incase it was really stolen, but bad cuz I went to buy something and couldn't and was stuck.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
there's been a rash lately, just in general....

my mastercard number was stolen recently too...And me and a buddy of mine think it may be auto-payment related (rogers and/or bell).
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

What! I always go there to fill up holy S***balls

Those bastards

I thought that new guy that works there was alittle fishey.

Good thing I never use my Credit cards LOL

Mmmm the dirty smell of MONEY :P
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
2001 ZTS,Apr 5 2006, 04:01 PM Wrote:There's a new thing out called.....................................cash, you guys should try it.
Cash is good, but it's not the only option. The problem with credit cards is all in the swiping - I only use my cc to pay at the pump - no opportunity for double swiping or a compromised swiper.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
It's because of all you non cash people that line ups are so long everywhere. :angry:
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Apr 5 2006, 06:16 PM Wrote:It's because of all you non cash people that line ups are so long everywhere. :angry:
[right][snapback]179280[/snapback][/right]
Not true. It's the guys that want to know how much a candy bar and a pack of smokes is with tax.

I hardly go in anymore, I just pay at the pump.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,Apr 5 2006, 06:33 PM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Apr 5 2006, 06:16 PM Wrote:It's because of all you non cash people that line ups are so long everywhere. :angry:
Not true. It's the guys that want to know how much a candy bar and a pack of smokes is with tax.

I hardly go in anymore, I just pay at the pump.
[right][snapback]179282[/snapback][/right]

Amen, with my Easy Pay tag @ Shell I haven't seen the inside of a Shell store since last November, swipe the tag, fill 'er up & pow I'm done ;)

NefCanuck
That made me good and paranoid last night, I HAD to check the MC balance. Thankfully it was right where I left it... awaiting a statement to pay off :lol:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
2001 ZTS,Apr 5 2006, 07:16 PM Wrote:It's because of all you non cash people that line ups are so long everywhere. :angry:

it's you wankers who have to go inside to pay with cash that really slow things down. You should be paying at the pump.

Darkpuppet makes a point.

This same thing happened to my friend in Burlington. It took him awhile to get everything back too. I hope everything works out, Steve.
When I said EVERYWHERE I meant EVERYWHERE not just gas stations. I can be through the grocery or perform any transaction faster with cash than any tool paying for a pack of gum with a debit card an airmiles card wanting cash back passing the card through the reader the wrong way four times and finding he is over drawn and then fumbling around for some other card.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
^--- true

But I swear to god, I'm just as annoyed with the old folks digging and sorting coins for the best possile combination of exact change. I know they have nothing better to do in their retirement years, but they're wasting away my youth!

SangriaRedZX5,Apr 6 2006, 10:29 AM Wrote:Darkpuppet makes a point.

This same thing happened to my friend in Burlington. It took him awhile to get everything back too. I hope everything works out, Steve.
[right][snapback]179397[/snapback][/right]

the good thing is that the CC companies have pretty good checks and balances in place.. there was never any exposure to me other than possibly having to walk to the bank machine for cash for 2 days while they mailed me a new one.

of course, going through all my auto-pay bills and entering in the new card info is time consuming, but I know I'll be reminded soon enough should a payment miss.