Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diamond Plate Floor Mats
Well I picked up my Diamond plate floor mats from HardkOre on Saturday night at SCN. I have to say that he did a top notch job. The fit is second to none. The only thing I have done to them is clean and wax them. If anyone is in the market for a set of mats I would highly suggest buying this set. Here are photos of my mats installed.

[Image: 2193703_38_full.jpg]
Drivers side mat. (the piece under the seat is the dead pedal that I haven't installed yet)
[Image: 2193703_39_full.jpg]
Passenger side mat.
[Image: 2193703_40_full.jpg]
Rear mats.

05blackzx5 also picked up a set of these mats for his car as well. He was just as impressed as I was when he saw them for the first time.

Great job Kevin!!!!!
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
They look good. Real good.

Now here's an idea Kev. What would it be like if you had them powdercoated, say black?

Just a thought.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
They are awesome looking. Glad i picked up a set, now i can't wait to get mine latter this week hopefully.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

meford4u,Mar 27 2006, 07:20 PM Wrote:They look good.  Real good.

Now here's an idea Kev.  What would it be like if you had them powdercoated, say black?

Just a thought.
[right][snapback]177407[/snapback][/right]

Now that would make them ten times better... but they'd be pretty expensive in that case, wouldn't they?
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
They would, and since the material is aluminum the powdercoat would come off relatively easy, well sinde your constantly putting your feet on them :P

Would look real nice tho...
hardk0re,Mar 27 2006, 10:07 PM Wrote:They would, and since the material is aluminum the powdercoat would come off relatively easy, well sinde your constantly putting your feet on them :P

[right][snapback]177471[/snapback][/right]

How about using another material then? I am just thinking of them as a show item, not something you would drive with, ever.

Well aluminum is the best because they don't rust. We all have salt in our carpets if driven in winter and the last thing i want is someone having a brown carpet because of them rusting.....

If its for show and people want em, i'll get a quote for powdercoating around here.

hardk0re,Mar 27 2006, 10:23 PM Wrote:Well aluminum is the best because they don't rust.  We all have salt in our carpets if driven in winter and the last thing i want is someone having a brown carpet because of them rusting.....

If its for show and people want em, i'll get a quote for powdercoating around here.
[right][snapback]177476[/snapback][/right]

don't go out of your way. It was just me thinking out loud.

hardk0re,Mar 28 2006, 03:07 AM Wrote:They would, and since the material is aluminum the powdercoat would come off relatively easy, well sinde your constantly putting your feet on them :P

[right][snapback]177471[/snapback][/right]

I am not sure where you get that idea but powder paint will stick to aluminum just fine. I did powder painting for 4 years and it'll work on anything material it sticks to and can stand the heat of the oven. On slow days I painted things just to pass the time... everything from a pop can to a glove :)
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
nass,Mar 27 2006, 11:28 PM Wrote:I am not sure where you get that idea but powder paint will stick to aluminum just fine.

i'm not sure where you get the idea that I don't think it will stick.....what im saying is it will scratch off...perhaps not easily but will eventually wear and look like poo.

KA-BLING!

Nice!
How hard would it be for you to make them up for my 01 SE 4dr by the 22 april and bring them to the track with you? As well, how much would it cost for the floor matts and door sills? pm me the price and if you can do it for me there hadk0re. I would really appreciate it.
Car Run Down for past 5 years:

Make / Model / Year / Status

Ford / Focus Sedan / 01 / STOLEN/WROTE OFF
Pontiac / Grand AM SE / 98 / STOLEN/Location still unknown
Dodge / SX 2.0 Sport / 04 / DRIVEWAY (lowjacked equip)

I HATE THIEVING PUNKS!!!!
(can the car gods make it three cars in a row to be stolen?)
Would those dimond plate floor mats take paint i would like to get them in black if possible pm me if is possible thanks
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
wow!

looks real nice!!

hardk0RE,

so, i think my buddy Chris may have mentioned it!

but can u do them for a mazda3?
i am guessing u would need to meet up to see my stock mats at such

let me know!

thx

Alex
hardk0re,Mar 28 2006, 02:38 PM Wrote:
nass,Mar 27 2006, 11:28 PM Wrote:I am not sure where you get that idea but powder paint will stick to aluminum just fine.

i'm not sure where you get the idea that I don't think it will stick.....what im saying is it will scratch off...perhaps not easily but will eventually wear and look like poo.
[right][snapback]177523[/snapback][/right]

ahh my bad you said it would come off easy. yeah there is potential for scratching but nothing a few heavy coats of clear coat wouldn't protect.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Something you could prolly use that would work well is Rim paint. Might consider doing that when i get mine, we'll see how they look.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

damn i am looking at these pics again, wanted to see if there was a dead pedal pic. . .

wow ur car is sooooooo clean man!

and u have a little girl crazy!!!
You should see it now. Not so clean. :unsure:

I haven't installed my dead pedal yet. It needs to be shaped a little. I am going to cut it smaller and round the corners a little more than HardkOre did. Have you gotten a hold of him yet? Will he make a set for your 3? Next time I see you I will show you the pedal.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Focusman focus, lemmie know what you want changed on the dead pedal....i'll fix what i'm doing for others :lol:
Was up HardkOre!!

I spoke to ya' about the radio bezel work, I still want that done and can you make me some mats?

Can you make me a battery cover out of the diamond plate?

:D
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Restore Aluminium Floor Mats Oscar The Grouch 5 1,883 02-16-2010, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Focus man. Focus.
  Diamond Plate Floor Mats Flofocus 6 1,876 05-20-2004, 03:45 PM
Last Post: 01-yellow-ZX3