Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angel Eye Headlights
OK, so I'm thinking of adding these to the Focus and just had some questions.

It seems that all the replacement lights out there use two seperate bulbs for high and low beam, yest the stock system uses one for both.

So does chaging out the lights mean modifying the wiring harness?

Thanks.
MADMAN|2001 SE Sport Wagon
Madman,Apr 12 2006, 05:18 PM Wrote:OK, so I'm thinking of adding these to the Focus and just had some questions.

It seems that all the replacement lights out there use two seperate bulbs for high and low beam, yest the stock system uses one for both.

So does chaging out the lights mean modifying the wiring harness?

Thanks.
[right][snapback]180796[/snapback][/right]

Ya instead of having 1 plug, you've gotta cut into your stock harness and turn the 1 plug into 2 plugs. The high beam and low beam will each have seperate plugs. I know you can get an adapter that converts the single plug into a double plug.

The angle eyes will also need to be connect somehow. Make sure you seal the area on the headlights where the wires come out from the housing, and make sure you use the proper size resistor. If you don't do both of these things you're gonna fry the angel eyes in no time.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Hmmm, that sure changes my opinion then. I'd really rather not butcher the car up to put these in.

The angle eyes cannot be wired into the parking lights directly?

And this adapter you speak of...do you know where I could get it and how much it is roughly?
Madman,Apr 12 2006, 05:35 PM Wrote:Hmmm, that sure changes my opinion then. I'd really rather not butcher the car up to put these in.

The angle eyes cannot be wired into the parking lights directly?

And this adapter you speak of...do you know where I could get it and how much it is roughly?
[right][snapback]180811[/snapback][/right]

You could wire the angel eyes into the parking lights, just make sure you put a resistor in.

Hopefully someone will post on where to the connectors. For some reason i wanna say you can get them from VW, but i'm not sure.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

i hope this isn't off topic here. so i hope you don't mind me saying this. i'm looking to get some angeleye headlights with the signal light in the headlight casing. i've found a half dozen different headlights with the angeleyes but i'd like to know about the quailty of them and what everybodys opinions of them

i don't know how to post pics here so i can't show you the headlights i've found so if everybody could jsut say which ones there talking about and maybe where we could find them that would be great thx.
Can you guys tell me what headlights these ones are?

[Image: DSC04365.jpg]
I think those are just stock 05 headlights with the inside painted black.

What year focus do you? Then maybe we could point you in the right direction.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Go

habmann,Apr 12 2006, 04:05 PM Wrote:I think those are just stock 05 headlights with the inside painted black.

What year focus do you? Then maybe we could point you in the right direction.
[right][snapback]180821[/snapback][/right]
Stock lights? Wow, never would have guessed.

I have an 01.
If i was gonna by a set of headlights for my car right now, I'd be looking at these.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/00-01-02-03-04-FOCUS-ZX...1QQcmdZViewItem

Not sure if thats the kind of headlight you're looking for.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Go

Most of the headlights do come with harnesses that plug into the stock location then reroute them towards the new headlight assembly make sure to check for that because yoyu don't want to be cutting into wires
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
yeah the set I got have one plug that you slap the stock adapter into and you're set. The halos you can just wire upto the battery. Hopefully the set you buy will have resistors already or else you'll burn the halos out and it's not fun replacing them.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
yes very good tip i learned that the hard way i wired them into the reverse headlight for example my headlights i would have the hight beam halo on and burned out in 2 weeks
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
nass,Apr 12 2006, 10:46 PM Wrote:yeah the set I got have one plug that you slap the stock adapter into and you're set. The halos you can just wire upto the battery. Hopefully the set you buy will have resistors already or else you'll burn the halos out and it's not fun replacing them.
[right][snapback]180909[/snapback][/right]

Personally if i buy a set, i'll put the resistors on anyways, and if they don't look that bright i'll know they already had the resistors and i can just take them off then. Better to be safe than sorry. Cuz ya, the old halo's i had were a pain to change the LED's.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Go

OK, whats the opinion on these?

Knock off Hellas
I had a set but got rid of them cuz the two low beams lenses cracked. I'm not sure if it was just my set that this happened to but i doubt it. I got about a year outta mine before they were pretty badly cracked and I pitched them.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Go

Madman,Apr 13 2006, 11:57 AM Wrote:OK, whats the opinion on these?

Knock off Hellas
[right][snapback]181004[/snapback][/right]

Hella's I'd stay away from including the knock off's, just because I had so many issues with my old hella's burning out the fuses, and relays making the lights go off when you needed them the most only leaving you with high beams and fogs if you have them on your car only till you replaced the relay, or in the one case buring my headlight wiring harness all together.

If you want a good head light choice check out what is on Sasha's Site or Mitch's Site to see what they have as they sell only proven headlight products for your Ford Focus, not to mention when buying a Ford Product it's going to fit perfectly other then some minor wiring changes to your stock harness if you choose the 2002+ style of headlights with the turn signels intergraded into the headlight itself.

[edit]Fixed links[/edit]
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Thanks for the info. (Although, neither of your links work. :lol: )

I've checked out zx3tuning.com before and they didn't have any headlight kits on there...I guess I shop make a post in his section or give him a call.
Ya I'd recommend getting a light that has a plastic shield on it. Another downside to the cheap ebay headlights is that the light output isn't normally as good as the stock headlights, or other OE replacements.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Go

sorry links work now, thanks guilty :D
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.