Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vw Dealership Incompetence
I'm in the market for a new car and was considering a MKV Jetta. So on the way home my dad passes by the Dealership on Martin Grove and Weston Road and asks one of the salesguys for a quote on a 2.0T Jetta fully loaded. The guy hands my dad his business card and tells him at the exact same time that he will have to get someone else to do it because he's not quite sure to work out a lease. My dad looks at him and then down at his business card which reads "Sales and Leasing Consultant". This is the same guy who I asked a week ago about all the acronyms that VW uses for their traction control systems and he told me I could find out what each system does while searching vwvortex. So anyways my dad comes home and we figure that the guy doesn't know s*** about his product.

After dinner we go back (my dad and myself) and want to test drive the Jetta. It was around 7:30pm or so. Another salesguy helps us and replies to our test drive request; "I'm sorry sir, but our insurance company will not let us allow customers to test drive vehicles in bad weather or when it's dark". Right then and there we knew that this dealership is very Mickey Mouse and are not interested in selling a vehicle. As we're leaving a Jetta pulls in from a test drive with a dealer plate on it and a customer driving. That is complete BS.

I was furious that I wasted my time going to the dealership and receiving the treatment we did. My question would be; is writting a complaint letter to VW of Canada and sending a copy to the dealership head guy a complete waste of time or should I pursue it?
I'd write them about the specific salesperson for sure.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
It would be sweet if you could buy a vw from another place, drive it over...and get a nice detail at this one. :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Wow, that dealer sounds retarded.

The exact same day the '07 GTI came out, the salesman offered us (me and my bro) the keys for the afternoon, and the roads were horrible. Just find a new dealership dude.

The Jetta 2.0T is a nice ride for sure btw.
I dare you to ask me of my experience with purchasing a golf when I was looking at cars....
imho since owning 3 VW's in the past, (Rabbit, Cabriolet & Jetta) We've received the best treatment at the following dealerships:
Queensway VW, Brampton VW&Audi, Mississauga VW (Erin Mills).
When we were looking at trading in one of our cars at the time, Brampton gave us the best deal on trade in towars our new jetta. They let us test drive it, we werent decided, but we managed to visit them again and they were just as courteous to us like it was our first visit again. Props to Brampton VW.
My other ride is your Mom
Considering how badly you were treated? I'd say you'd be foolish not to.

Some salespeople just don't have their heads screwed on right, sometimes its that particular day or maybe they should be flipping burgers for a living. Regardless though you are the customer and deserve to be treated with respect.

Here's a prime example

When I still had my Olds, I wrote my GM dealership about a horrific repair experience (They replaced the throttle position sensor and when they did they screwed up the throttle cable, nearly plowed into a wall after taking the car home and the accelerator refused to release :blink: )

Ended up paying for the repair but was so furious that I sent a letter of complaint, sent it registered mail, no response, went to another GM dealership for service, the first dealership calls looking for the maintenance visit, I tell them about the letter, get a meeting with the service manager and the cost of the throttle cable repair is refunded to me along with a letter of apology.

Sometimes it does pay to be a pain in the ass :D

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Feb 24 2006, 11:34 AM Wrote:Sometimes it does pay to be a pain in the ass :D
[right][snapback]172101[/snapback][/right]
The motto for male prostitutes everywhere.....errr...so I hear... :blink:
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
You've got to be diplomatic but firm. That's how I got that Archie Bunker-ish episode sorted out with Stockfish. It's been great ever since, and was great up till that point too.

If you're that struck on VW, then by all means complain. If that's not even the dealer that you'll go to for service... why bother? They sure as hell won't give a rat's ass, and neither will VW if you don't even buy the car first.

Also, York VW at Wilson/Weston area (east of Weston, north side of Wilson going towards Jane) was rather good that I remember... buddies of mine bought / got service there and they were fair. Try them?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
A buddy of mine got a inhertance of like a couple million dollars when he was a few years back.

he walked into a VW dealership with $50,000 and asked who wants to make a sale.

4 guys jumped at him and started pitching at him and all that, but my buddy already made his mind up and just wated to hear them battle it out.

3 of them pointed out the most expensive car in the lot, but he gave the sale to the guy that asked "what are you looking for in a car?"

go in with a wad of cash and say "this could have been yours if you goons had your s*** together
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...