Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tires
I have tires Yokohama 225-45-17 I want to put those on rims 17-9 and want a stretch will they fit?

Need to know fast pls

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B)
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
I will ask tomorrow morning when I am at Green and Ross getting my tires. I will post a reply or get you on MSN and let you know.

I will keep you posted.

Kevin.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
simple answer, no

the offset of the wheels, the amount of drop all play a roll in this sort of thing aswell.
you would want to run something like a 215/40/17 on a 17x9 to get the stretch needed to clear the fenders and that is only if you have rolled the hell out of the fenders to do so.

also, the tire you choose plays the BIGGEST roll in how this will turn out as some tires do not take to stretch at all where as others do.\

even if you have a widebody kit i'd still say no to them fitting.
My bud at G&R says that the 225 tires are a little to narrow for the 9" wide rims. You can try and get them on they should fit fine but he says they might not look right. the 225's are for a 7-8.5" wide rim. But you also might be to low for a wider tire. He says you should really have a 235 or 245.

Well Wheel and Tire Zone here I come they said it will work lets see how it looks

E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?

i hate to say it, but i highly doubt any of those shops have any exp with mounting a stretch fit tires let alone any exp with offsetting rims on a focus and stretch fitting to fit the focus fenders.

before you pay i would highly suggest you get it in writing that if it doesn't work you don't have to pay for the rims or tires as i can see nothing good to come from this...

also, to get a propper stretch you want to go +.5" over the "recommended" width of the tire.
also, if you are going to stretch: Toyo T1-S, Toyo T1-R, Dunlop 8000, 9000, FM901s are all great tires that work extremely well with stretch. if the shop tries to get you into something like a Nexxan or similar junk tire telling you it will stretch, walk away from the shop. cheap tires crease and deform the sidewalls when stretched and in time they collapse.

I believe Ticketz already has the rims and tires and was asking if they will work. I was at Green and Ross this morning and asked if the 225-45-17 would fit on a 17x9" rim and they gave me the recomendations. In no way did I say that they would work. They said the tire width 225 was recomended to fit on a 7-8.5" rim only. But suggested application and real world instalation are 2 totally different things. I would assume that you have more experience with this so I will not say any more. I was at the tire shop this morning so I asked the question
Quote:I have tires Yokohama 225-45-17 I want to put those on rims 17-9 and want a stretch will they fit?
he could only give me the recomended application. So have at her. I was only trying to assist my friend.

Kevin.

The tires worked looks good the stretch is perfect and safe to drive.
I only need to roll the fenders alittle and Im good to go for the summer will post pics this week how the rear looks.

Thanks guys for the help :D

I went to alot of shops they all said no it won't work but I crossed my fingers and its good.

Can't wait for summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B)
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer

i just saw the rims on the focus it worked
and damn those rims poke out
cant wait to see it with the rolled fenders
E.O MASIV
+20mm offset?
35front 30rear offset

E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer

:postpics:

Hahaha I had to do it. First time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

interesting....
i'd like to see how you pulled this off with standard fenders...?