Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front Bumper Got Hit...
Ok, well I didn't know that my front bumper got hit by anyone on the base until I washed it this afternoon after work. A buddy of mine parked at the same time as me, and I told him that someone hit my bumper, and that it was cracked in at least one place (that I've found so far), and there is a scuff leading over to it. He told me that it was him...he was late for something a day or two ago, and backed out too sharp and too fast, and hit my car. He said he is willing to pay for whatever it costs to fix, and wants me to see what options I have and like best.

The bumper has a large vertical break through it starting at the odd little spot where the front corner of the left bumper has a tip and meets the left bottom corner of the headlight. The headlight and fender appear fine, but the bumper looks like it might break again if I just get it fixed...also, I think they are eurathane, and that's near impossible to fix compared to fiber glass.

Soooo...should I get the stock bumper fixed and repainted, or just get a Factory Ford new bumper cover...or get a Euro Ford Bumper kit...

I said to him that if it's beyond $500 to fix, I doubt I'll ask for more than that...because I can't see it being beyond $800ish to swap and paint. That, and he is a freind and made a mistake he owed up to, and I don't wanna price gouge people in situations like this.

Maybe I could get a 98 RS edition front bumper for a decent price, and offset the cost of the install if he pays for the bumper cover...

Well, let's hear what you think...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
When we got the car, the front umper had been fixed before and upon arrival to us it was damaged in the same spot that it had been previously broken.

Don't fix it. Get a new one.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Agreed. I'd get a new one. However, if you're going to get a new one, you might as well up the small difference and go with something aftermarket that you like...
Getting a new front bumper + paint and install at a dealership will run you more than 500 bucks after tax. If I recall properly a front bumper alone from ford costs somewhere in the range of 400 something... Paint and install will be 100-300 depending on the shop....

Fixing it? its abs plastic. They could do a plastic weld on it and it could be a good fix, definitly not as good as new, but its your friend after all. You are stuck between a rock and a hard place, you obviously don't want to profit from your friends mistake, but you also don't want to short change yourself and leave yourself with a less than par bumper.

Don't go aftermarket, there is nothing that screams out "I'm a faggot ricer" more than an aftermarket front bumper on a stock car. Unless you are gonna go all out, don't. If you DO plan on going aftermarket in the near future, why not get a quote on replacing/painting/installing ur bumper, get your buddy to cut a cheque, and put that in a fund for later and just live with the crack for now?

Run your car, not your mouth
Zoom,Feb 11 2006, 04:02 PM Wrote:Don't go aftermarket, there is nothing that screams out "I'm a faggot ricer" more than an aftermarket front bumper on a stock car. [right][snapback]169836[/snapback][/right]

Did you learn your lesson and your now preaching to others?

A nice Euro front bumper with the SVT lip would be a great start.

Don't listen to the king of rice. We've made more fun of the crap he's put on his car to start a war.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Here's my thinking on this. Your friend did crack your bumber, now fixing it will leave it being not the same as b4. He is your friend and did tell you, but he still damaged it. I'd go with find out how much a replacement of the same kind would cost get him to cut a check for that, and then either get the replacment or go after market. That imo is not asking to much, nor trying to gouge your friend.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Body kit time :D
svt bumper is the most sublte and will look good on a non modded car.

(i dont think its poser) :)
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
everbody = ricironi :lol:

i like beer
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
french_connection,Feb 11 2006, 09:05 PM Wrote:svt bumper is the most sublte and will look good on a non modded car.

(i dont think its poser)    :)
[right][snapback]169873[/snapback][/right]

Thats right!! I agree. I got hit in the back bumper 2 years ago, my first choice for replacement was, right, you guessed it SVTR
My other ride is your Mom
The SVT front cover looks pimp on stock ZX3/4/5. Go for it.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Zoom,Feb 11 2006, 05:02 PM Wrote:Don't go aftermarket, there is nothing that screams out "I'm a faggot ricer" more than an aftermarket front bumper on a stock car. Unless you are gonna go all out, don't. If you DO plan on going aftermarket in the near future, why not get a quote on replacing/painting/installing ur bumper, get your buddy to cut a cheque, and put that in a fund for later and just live with the crack for now?
[right][snapback]169836[/snapback][/right]

Don't really listen to him on aftermarket products, I have a suggestion that is, and I can suggest one type and only one type as you already have the ST170 upper grille and lights, and that is to go the 2002+ facelift route. Not only dose it make the front end look better but it will match the lights up nicely and I think Mitch is still having a deal on a complete facelift front end (bumper, rub strips, fogs, and lower grille) for something like $600 plus shipping. It's a good deal and I think the painting costs are round max $200 for a bumper at a body shop.

here's a pick of a complete 2002 facelift front end minus the lower black trim.

[Image: 000_0243.jpg]

[Image: 000_0251.jpg]

[Image: 000_0252.jpg]
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
I already asked you this before, but how in the frick did you get the indicators to stay on all the time in the ST170 Headlights? I tried like 3 different wiring configs, and none of them resulted in that way...

Also, wonder if a 98 RS edition bumper would look ok if it was also pitchblack to match the car...maybe look low-key like the SVTF front bumper...I've always been rather quite partial to that front end, and lately I'm thinking of keeping this car long-term and making it a "Toy" and buy another car as a daily driver before I ruin this one with high mileage and stuff...

Thanks for the advice everyone....gives me stuff to think about...
Drivesthebeast,Feb 15 2006, 10:12 PM Wrote:I already asked you this before, but how in the frick did you get the indicators to stay on all the time in the ST170 Headlights?  I tried like 3 different wiring configs, and none of them resulted in that way...

Also, wonder if a 98 RS edition bumper would look ok if it was also pitchblack to match the car...maybe look low-key like the SVTF front bumper...I've always been rather quite partial to that front end, and lately I'm thinking of keeping this car long-term and making it a "Toy" and buy another car as a daily driver before I ruin this one with high mileage and stuff...

[right][snapback]170760[/snapback][/right]

parking lights are wired to the city light, it's juet the reflection of the flash, plus I would totally love to keep my car as a toy, and get another one, I already have the high milage starting to be an issue for me as I just hit 152,000 kms <_<
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Drivesthebeast,Feb 15 2006, 08:12 PM Wrote:Also, wonder if a 98 RS edition bumper would look ok if it was also pitchblack to match the car...maybe look low-key like the SVTF front bumper...I've always been rather quite partial to that front end, and lately I'm thinking of keeping this car long-term and making it a "Toy" and buy another car as a daily driver before I ruin this one with high mileage and stuff...

[right][snapback]170760[/snapback][/right]

DO IT!!!! That is the only bumper I would change my stock SVTF for.

The car in this pic is my holy grail.

[Image: IMG_1410.jpg]
i'd put the cash towards a bumper that i want... don't fix the stock bumper~ and get whichever u want, don't think about what other ppl think :)

btw, did u think about the Rieger front bumper ?
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
meford4u,Feb 11 2006, 09:32 PM Wrote:
Zoom,Feb 11 2006, 04:02 PM Wrote:Don't go aftermarket, there is nothing that screams out "I'm a faggot ricer" more than an aftermarket front bumper on a stock car. [right][snapback]169836[/snapback][/right]

Did you learn your lesson and your now preaching to others?

A nice Euro front bumper with the SVT lip would be a great start.

Don't listen to the king of rice. We've made more fun of the crap he's put on his car to start a war.
[right][snapback]169844[/snapback][/right]

And you are? Oh thats right, the old fart who bought a pre-done focus for his son, and lives vicariously though it by post whoring on a local focus board. Good job buddy! Keep it up champ.

And as for you Frost? Whats there not to listen to me for? I posted about NOT doing an avenger style bumper persay without doing the entire kit, are you saying you disagree? Or are you just talking s***? I never ruled out EURO oem stuff. I jsut said stay away from aftermarket as in agressive body kits or what not. I don't consider euro oem as aftermarket in any sense.
Run your car, not your mouth
wow... lol

severe ownage!
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Got the bumper ordered, and it's going to cost $243 for a OEM bumper cover, and the paint and materials is $150, and the entire job is going to be $452 and change. That's installed, and painted. I am going to chip in a little bit on top of that to have the euro grille custom grafted/plasti-welded onto the new bumper with parts of the foglight housings from the old one.

Overall, not a bad price, and I am not going to be gouging my buddy either. On top of that, I can use the money for something else like a spoiler or for my rims. I am likely going to get an RS collection bumper, or a WRC repllica...

Thanks for the advice though everybody!
Drivesthebeast,Mar 6 2006, 10:44 PM Wrote:Got the bumper ordered, and it's going to cost $243 for a OEM bumper cover, and the paint and materials is $150, and the entire job is going to be $452 and change.  That's installed, and painted.  I am going to chip in a little bit on top of that to have the euro grille custom grafted/plasti-welded onto the new bumper with parts of the foglight housings from the old one.

Overall, not a bad price, and I am not going to be gouging my buddy either.  On top of that, I can use the money for something else like a spoiler or for my rims.  I am likely going to get an RS collection bumper, or a WRC repllica...

Thanks for the advice though everybody!
[right][snapback]173633[/snapback][/right]

I'll have to stop by and check the final product out next time I'm down visiting my Brother in Pet!

Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Front bumper adamzx5 9 3,860 12-31-2012, 02:36 PM
Last Post: adamzx5
  Rs Front Bumper CivicEater 17 5,646 05-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Last Post: FocusGuy7476
  Front Bumper Progress... Honkeytonk Monkey 17 6,445 03-03-2006, 06:43 AM
Last Post: guilty
  Svt Front Bumper ThraxXx 11 3,435 02-22-2006, 02:18 AM
Last Post: Flofocus
  Oh Man This Front Bumper Is Hot...... SL8RZZX3 12 4,389 11-30-2005, 02:00 PM