Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual Exhaust
Does anyone know if a dual exhaust system fits or works on a focus? Has anyone tried it or has one right now that we can see a picture of ?

Be the change you want to see in this world.
There was a girl with a white hatchback a while ago that had the Wings West lip kit and dual exhaust.. She had the rear lip modified so it had 2 exhaust cutouts. The piping is just probably a dual exit muffler.. there's really no advantage to having dual exhaust on a Focus (in fact, the weight of the extra piping makes it worse for performance).
Yeah, there's one around here that hasn't been finished for over a year now. Everytime I see it, something different is done to it... nothing major though :rolleyes:

I could have sworn the owner of this car worked at a local Toyota dealer (saw it parked there quite often) but I don't see it there at all anymore. I think it was a Toyota mechanic that owned it.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
there are kits, I have seen them with my own little pretty eyes.

but why? it is a 4 cylinder car.

lets not turn all Hyundai Tiburon on it and have 1 exhaust pipe per 2 cylinders.

well if you car is a show car, then by all means do it. but people who understand what a Focus is understand that 2 exhaust pipes are only for show, plus they kinda look funny on a Focus.

I see cars with bodykits they bought that have 2 holes precut, on a one-exhaust car, I think it looks LAME!
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
ThraxXx has a dual-outlet setup on his Focus... I find it really quiets the car down compared to the MBRP 2.25" anyways. I have no problem hearing my exhaust from the driver's seat while cruising, but I had to really attempt to hear his.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
PerfectSaiyan,Jan 26 2006, 03:56 AM Wrote:I see cars with bodykits they bought that have 2 holes precut, on a one-exhaust car, I think it looks LAME!
[right][snapback]167017[/snapback][/right]

ahah ai see this all the time, mostly on civics and think it is the funniest thing.....i mean common now, it just looks like A$$
yeah I did the dual exhaust (1 into 2) just cuz I love that look. Makes the ass end look more ballanced.

As for the sound...well i am not really one for that farty honda (or as some call it tuner) sound. I find the dual exhaust really lowered the tone and I only hear it when I am at low RPMs. I however have had a few people beside my car while cruising and they said it sounded nice. My friend Todd said it sounded like a 4.6L with straight pipes so thats kinda cool. Could I make it louder, sure. I still have the stock muffler on there cuz it had the sound I was looking for and the muffler was still brand new from ford so I didn't bother replacing it. When that muffler rots out (probably in another 6 months) then I will finish it off with a magnaflow muffler and it will probably get louder however for now I like the way it is.
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.