Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F/s Supercharger....
Hey, I looked into the potentials of the V-9 G-trim unit included with the F/S-VR supercharger kit and the two kits.

The F/S stage2, uses Vortec V-9 g-trim,

Kit dyno power out-put: 179.5whp-158.3ft-lbs (exhaust, cam gears)
Kit psi output: 8.4 psi
Price of the kit: $3,000us
Max psi: 20 psi
Max RPm: 65000
CFM: 800
Fits engines up to 575hp

The Vortec original kit, uses the V-5 S-trim,

Kit dyno power output: 183.7whp-154.9ft-lbs (exhaust)
Kit psi output: 10 psi
Price of the kit: $4,750us
Max psi: 20 psi
Max rpm: 65000
CFM: 700
Fits engines up to 475hp

The F/S kit have a better supercharger unit than the Vortec original kit! If someone was to makes a smaller pulley (16psi) and find a way to intercooled the kit (snow performance boost cooler!) well $3,000us (stage2)+ custom pulley, should be arround $150us, + boost cooler stage1, $300us...$3,450us + custom tune :P aprox 270whp-217ft-lbs

Oh yeah, don't forget your forged rods and pistons :P . Hey the stock zetec can handle 12psi anyway, 12psi pulley, add boost cooler, well that should be aprox 210-220whp-190ft-lbs. Low buck kit? Let see what the stage 3 will be, if it's intercooled....One more thing, the air intake is far from snow and that big water puddle that you didn't see, the original Vortec kit grabs the air on the side of the rad, hydrolocking your zetec sucks ass!
Civic's sucks!

SEX is like math: add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and pray you don't multiply!
The focussport kit has an intercooler option comming within the next few months. Theres also the crank overdrive pully that will give you 12-13psi for the stage 2 kit. I know one guy that has this pully w/ stage 2 and still does not have an intercooler.

The intercooler kit I believe will also include a smaller pully probably bring you up to the 12psi range. That would make the FS Kit about $4000 for the full stage 3 kit.

This kit SHOULD out perform the Vortech kit when intercooled.

I feel bad for the ones that spent on the vortec kit, at $4,750 the power output should be way above 200whp. Can't wait to see the dyno result of the stage3.
Civic's sucks!

SEX is like math: add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and pray you don't multiply!
Kev's going Stage 3 if memory serves.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
The Procharger kit's C-1 have 1000cfm, 80,000rpm, max boost 24psi! I wander how close is the intake to the ground? And the intercooler is really close to the ground and the hardship of winter! Any one knows any one that runs the kit in winter?
Civic's sucks!

one of the guys out here has the kit and drives it in the winter... not the best setup but it works. swaping to a custom FMIC would serve a Procharger kit much better than the bottom mount they come with. as far as the intake location, it's basicly the same spot as most CAIs only on the passeneger side front.

FS/VF is probably your best bang for the buck SC kit out there.
however, once everything is said and done, the Powerworks kits will still out perform the vortech, FS/VF and Procharger and produce a much more drivable and flat torque curve. plus the upgradability of the PW kit is just as good as any other kit.
euro,Dec 31 2005, 03:13 PM Wrote:The Procharger kit's C-1 have 1000cfm, 80,000rpm, max boost 24psi! I wander how close is the intake to the ground? And the intercooler is really close to the ground and the hardship of winter! Any one knows any one that runs the kit in winter?
[right][snapback]162643[/snapback][/right]

I'm running the Procharger setup, and the intake is tucked well up in the passenger side fender. I believe my old CAI filter actually sat lower than on the procharger. The intercooler is definately close to the ground, and you have to watch out for it, I admit I have tagged it a couple of times now leaving parking lots. You just have to really use angles and be conscious that its there. I haven't had any real winter related issues with it yet. I definately recommend looking at a FMIC with it though, hopefully I'll be able to get one fit up this spring.
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
Will PW come out with a stage2? What's the max PSI of the M62?
I like the stealth of the procharger, done right, the procharger can put out a lot of whp's. But now with the $1000 off the PW I'm looking at the PW too. I'm so confused, I even concidered the precision turbo kit. If I can get 270whp out of the PW with a smaller pulley, well I'll get it.
I'm buying a fored induction kit this august no matter what!
Civic's sucks!

Procharger and "Stealth" do not go together at all.
the PC kit makes a TON of blower whistle at idle and anyone sitting beside you at a light will instantly notice the noise coming from under the hood.

the PW kit is silent at idle like all roots blowers and does not make noise untill the boost starts to build and reaches 5-7psi or more.

PW does have BBK however they do suggest a built motor and it does not come with tuning however you can run the standard PW tuning with the BBK, power just will not be a good as it would with a custom tune.

price on the BBK is in and around $500cnd

do not forget, it's not just about HP, it's more a factor of torque. the PC/Vortech/FS-VF kits do not make a lot of torque untill higher up in the powerband where as the PW kits make about 150lb/ft or more from just off idle. you may need to spin the other kits to 3500-4500rpm before they see that much torque.
plus with our cams and a base PW kit you will see ~250fwhp and ~200lb/ft or more on stock PW tuning. custom tune and those numbers jump. add in a BBK and you could see 300fwhp on a stock motor is the tune is perfect or over 300 on a built motor.
The stealth is the look under the hood, looks like a cold air. I know PC is noisy, I had a friend who had a mustang with a PC kit and it sounded sweet. Hey if the PW can get me into the 300 whp, well I'll have to get it. My friend have a grand prix GTP and is running 14,5 down the 1/4, he should be in the 13's this summer with minor mods. Yeah, eatons are pretty cool. Will the deal on the PW still be there this july/august?
Do you guys have a deal on flywheels, lsd and clutches? I'm getting that this spring.
Civic's sucks!

the deal on the PW kits is on till the burn off the gen1 kits. so that could be a few weeks or the end of the year.

as for the clutch, flywheel and LSD... yes we do have deals and the deals varry depending on what and how much you buy. the more you buy at once the better the deal! :)
Sweet! Hey, I'll call you guys for parts pretty soon then.
Civic's sucks!

you should talk to Flo, they are looking for a 3rd to get the GB prices on the clutches and quaifes i have on the go...
For your money, I truly believe that the Powerworks kit is the best s/c kit out there. It comes with everything that you would need and is intercooled. They recomend you install it on a weekend. They say this because you send them your ecu so they program/tune it, and then you get it back monday. Its basically plug and play. It runs stock on 8psi and produces around 220 hp.
-Andrew
European headlights, European upper grille, MBRP cat-back exhaust, ICEMAN cold air intake, and other assorted mods.
http://www.focusxtreme.com
actually the PW kit produces 12psi stock.
and they say you can install it "over" a weekend.
you do not need to nor do they "recommend" you install it over a weekend.
if you pull the ECU on a monday and ship it the same day, before 3pm in major centers, then you will have it back on tuesday afternoon.
ZX3TUNING,Feb 10 2006, 07:28 AM Wrote:actually the PW kit produces 12psi stock.
and they say you can install it "over" a weekend.
you do not need to nor do they "recommend" you install it over a weekend.
if you pull the ECU on a monday and ship it the same day, before 3pm in major centers, then you will have it back on tuesday afternoon.
[right][snapback]169558[/snapback][/right]
Well, I partly helped install the p/w on a SVT and we worked on it fri, sat, sun. And got the ecu back Monday. Although, it is possible that the ecu was shipped out thursday, i dunno. I think the SVT kit boost at 8psi.
-Andrew
European headlights, European upper grille, MBRP cat-back exhaust, ICEMAN cold air intake, and other assorted mods.
Sent a e-mail to powerworks to get some info on the kit, cfm, max boost, etc.., no reply yet. It's been two weeks, talk about customer service :angry: . Got a e-mail back the next day from procharger, they'll make me a 15psi pulley if I want one! Now that's more like it. Feed back makes me a customer :P .

Oh yeah, the F/S kit uses a f-trim blower, so 725cfm not 800cfm. Sorry! The kit would be better with the g-trim, oh well.

I'll keep on doing my prep mods till I get 5g's in the bank, but right now the procharger got my eye. Until the next focus fanatic mag comes out :P .
Civic's sucks!

nope, the SVT and Zetec kist are all set at 12psi right out of the box. Powerworks also has a BBK that includes a 16psi pully.

max boost of the PW kit is about 18-19psi at sealevel.
here is a Generic M62 compressor: http://www.capa.com.au/eaton_m62data.htm
the unit PW uses is the latest gen5 M62 where as the one linked above is a gen3. CFM on the PW should be in the 700-800cfm range at 16psi

Euro,
if you have any questions about the PW kit, just contact me, much faster as PW gets hundreds of emails per week!

also, when you are looking to buy, let me know as i sell all the major FI options for the focus except toms kits! ;)
ZX3TUNING,Feb 10 2006, 08:47 PM Wrote:nope, the SVT and Zetec kist are all set at 12psi right out of the box. Powerworks also has a BBK that includes a 16psi pully.

max boost of the PW kit is about 18-19psi at sealevel.
here is a Generic M62 compressor: http://www.capa.com.au/eaton_m62data.htm
the unit PW uses is the latest gen5 M62 where as the one linked above is a gen3. CFM on the PW should be in the 700-800cfm range at 16psi

Euro,
if you have any questions about the PW kit, just contact me, much faster as PW gets hundreds of emails per week!

also, when you are looking to buy, let me know as i sell all the major FI options for the focus except toms kits! ;)
[right][snapback]169676[/snapback][/right]
Thanks for the info man. I found out that I was getting confused with this turbo kit that some guy in our car club had. He was pushing 8lbs.
-Andrew
Thanks for the info, I'll be looking you up soon enough, I anounced a bid on the H&R rear sway bar and the rear mount on the clearence special. Do you still have that sell going on? If yes can you price me up for Calgary.
Civic's sucks!