Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tire Help
So here's my dilema guys. I got a flat on one of my tires today, and anothers got a slow leak. So i'm faced with replacing a pair of tires. I'm not sure whether I should by 2 new tires to replace them or buy 2 snow tires. Keep in mind that next year i'm gonna be putting a set of rims on the car.

Which would you recommend? And if it is winter tires what would you recommend. I'd need to get the tires this weekend, so internet sites for cheap prices won't work.

Also if anyones got 2 or 4 all season tires they wanna sell let me know i'll consider that too.

Thanx guys.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

I could sell you my Bridgestone Potenza RE950's after this weekend, but they aren't very good in the snow, and they are at about 50% wear, maybe more now. When it's not snowy though, they are an absolutely awesome tire in any condition, especially the wet. Ummm, I'd considering selling them because I'm buying some Blizzak LM-18's this wkd for the winter, and then I'm putting my 17" rims on this spring, so I'll have no use for the 950's anymore...

Figured I'd mention this for ya

L8tr
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Thanx for the offer but i need something that will handle winter driving.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Yeah, I was gonna ask if you are doing mostly in-town driving....if so, they'd be ok. Either way, best of luck...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
habmann,Nov 9 2005, 08:13 PM Wrote:So here's my dilema guys. I got a flat on one of my tires today, and anothers got a slow leak. So i'm faced with replacing a pair of tires. I'm not sure whether I should by 2 new tires to replace them or buy 2 snow tires. Keep in mind that next year i'm gonna be putting a set of rims on the car.

Which would you recommend? And if it is winter tires what would you recommend. I'd need to get the tires this weekend, so internet sites for cheap prices won't work.

Also if anyones got 2 or 4 all season tires they wanna sell let me know i'll consider that too.

Thanx guys.
[right][snapback]154727[/snapback][/right]
If you're putting new rims on in the spring get a pair of snows.

I bought a set of steel 15"ers and right now I'm getting 4 Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice for $527 installed balanced and taxes in. (P185/65R15 @ $98 each)

Go to Beech Tire on Upper James between the Linc and Hester, they're on sale til Saturday. Say Matt with the Grey Focus ST sent you.

EDIT: Point of clarification -- $527 are the TIRES (and mounting, balancing and taxes) only and NOT including the steel rims!! I got those at Steelcase Rims and Mags in Markham!!
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Go 4 snows, your rear quarters will thank you for not pretending to be a RWD all winter :D

"Quick, here comes a corner, everyone to the inside of the turn!" :lol:

I liked Blizzaks personally, but now I'm psychotic and drive all winter on 4 14" Goodyear Integrity tires. :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I thought Blizzaks were overrated. They're too soft and handle like crap when there's those days with no snow.
Yes, I would recommend 4 snows as well, I thought that the $527 was a reasonably good price for 4.

But 2 are better than none.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
I got Blizzaks for my car, I've had them for 1 winter now and I cant complain with them. I find the car handles great on snowy and cold dry days, alot better then my Pirelli's anyways........
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]