Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel Filter
Do you guys change your fuel filter every 10,000 KM? I saw on the box it says that it is important to change it every 10K (or around)....but i never hear about anyone talk about the fuel filter or changing it so regularly?

Is it easy to remove and install yourself?

oops sorry.....is fuel filter the same as oil filter??? (like when u do an oil change?)
Be the change you want to see in this world.
I just have the dealer change mine as recommended by Ford. It's a hell of a lot quicker than doing it myself, and half the time they build the labour into the cost of a standard service, saving me a few bucks.

Wish I had other info for you.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 3 2005, 10:46 AM Wrote:I just have the dealer change mine as recommended by Ford. It's a hell of a lot quicker than doing it myself, and half the time they build the labour into the cost of a standard service, saving me a few bucks.

Wish I had other info for you.
[right][snapback]153333[/snapback][/right]

s**t, you have a nice dealer.
cornflakes,Nov 2 2005, 11:03 PM Wrote:Do you guys change your fuel filter every 10,000 KM?  I saw on the box it says that it is important to change it every 10K (or around)....but i never hear about anyone talk about the fuel filter or changing it so regularly? 

Is it easy to remove and install yourself?

oops sorry.....is fuel filter the same as oil filter??? (like when u do an oil change?)
[right][snapback]153235[/snapback][/right]

Because of the shitty focus fuel pump I change fuel filter every spring.

Yes it is easy to change it yourself but make sure you have some newspaper ready.

No fuel filter is not the same as oil filter.
2000 ZX3: KW coil-over/IceMan/FC UPD/Megaflow cat-back /energy bushing all over/Ported TB/home make ground wires

260000km and counting.....
every 20,000 kms
just did mine month ago, very easy to do.
do a search and itll explain what to do.

'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuel Filter cornflakes 7 1,940 05-06-2006, 02:47 AM
Last Post: scoobasteve