Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flywheel
I was told not to put a lightweight flywheel on a car that is going to be SC or turbocharged. Does any one no anything about it?
B&G coilovers, Kamakazi headers,focus sport exhaust, 2.5 custom flex pipe, 18" oz rims, 65mm throtle body,ZX3 tuning custom cams,powerworks SC,spec 3 clutch,clutchnet 11lb flywheel,Eibach swaybar package,fs front lower stress bar,fs rear strees bar,svt big brake kit,quife diff,4.06 gears.(2012 plans FR head, 19lb boost & full engine rebuild) Good bye Escape hello 2012 focusBig Grin
flywheels will benifit any car that is in need of better responce.
some are not suited for turbo applications but all will work on a NA or SC car.
for turbo cars you need a mbit more mass to the flywheels so something like a FS/Fidanza flywheel for the Zetec, which weighs 8.5lbs, are too light. something more like the Clutchnet 11lbs Zetec flywheel is much better suited for a turbo charged Focus.

in some situations people add in too much clutch with too little power combind with a light weight flywheel, this can cause a bog condition on hard launches at the strip or street. this is less of an issue with the flywheel and more of an issue with the owner not setting his/her car up propperly with the propper components.

a lot of people seem to thing light weight flywheels are not a good idea... most of those same people cannot justify why they think they are not good. :rolleyes:

what are you planning?
Well I'm planing on changing my clutch in december so I was thinking about a flywheel too. I'm hoping to put a powerworks SC next year with a ford racing head. What do u think my setup should be? on the trans
B&G coilovers, Kamakazi headers,focus sport exhaust, 2.5 custom flex pipe, 18" oz rims, 65mm throtle body,ZX3 tuning custom cams,powerworks SC,spec 3 clutch,clutchnet 11lb flywheel,Eibach swaybar package,fs front lower stress bar,fs rear strees bar,svt big brake kit,quife diff,4.06 gears.(2012 plans FR head, 19lb boost & full engine rebuild) Good bye Escape hello 2012 focusBig Grin
well the PW car we have out here pushing 215lb/ft and 250fwhp with my Prototype cams and a mild cleanup tune is running fine on the stcok clutch and flywheel and has been for about 8,000kms with no signs of slippage.
It will be upgraded to a Clutchnet 11lbs flywheel along with a Clutchnet sprung hub 6-button disc and Red Pressure plate. more than enough to hold over 300lb/ft but still very streetable.

what are your goals with the PW kit?
leave it in base form?
Big boost kit?
Timeframe?

i have the above clutch kit in stock with the flywheel if you are interested.
I would like to get as much as possible from the SC. I got stage 2 crower cams,65mm TB,superchip, Coil & wires, FS racing headers, bosal 2.5" flex pipe & Exhaust , underdrive crank pulley,cold air intake. By next march I should have FR head installed with crower titanium valve springs,and a focussport exhaust system. I need the clutch by the 2nd week in december.
How do u think I will get out of the SC?
How much for the clutch & flywheel ?( I live in toronto)THX.
ok well once the SC is on the UDP, intake and cams are gone. crower 2s wont work well with the SC.
the cams we have developed will make for a very nice power band and a solid increase in power from idle to redline

Clutchnet 11 lbs Zetec flywheel: $480cnd
Clutchnet EZ-lock Pro 6puck disc: $195cnd
Clutchnet "Red" Pressure Plate: $295cnd
plus GST

shipping will be around $50cnd to your door.

the total output of the kit will depend on if you have it tuned with your other mods and who does the tuning.
wow thats a very good price.Give me a week or 2 and I will buy them.How much are ur cams? and I guess I got to take my UND pulley out run the SC.
yup! hope you have the stock crank pully still. :)

as for our cams, they are made to order small batch cams from the same blanks used by Crower and Crane, NOT REGRINDS! because there is not serious discount on the blanks untill over 100pairs are ordered they are not cheap. i still have yet to set retail but somewhere in the $700-800cnd range is expected.
wow. thats not cheap what would happen if I use my crower cams?will I lose a lot of power?
Yup, I keep all my old parts. Somewhere in house.lol.