Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mich. X-ice Winter Tires
I just bought myself 4 Winter X-ice....i have heard good reviews in person about these, and thought to get some feedback from this forum.,What does everyone think of them? And do you have them or what Winter tires do you have or will have?
Thier an awesome tire, second best behind the blizzak's but not far behind. Id buy em if i couldn't get blizzak's B)
My Mom Says I'm Special
got them on the focus last year. they were great. this year i'm getting one more set for the gf's focus as well.

Thanks Mo
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

Sakic #7,Oct 20 2005, 10:35 PM Wrote:I just bought myself 4 Winter X-ice....i have heard good reviews in person about these, and thought to get some feedback from this forum.,What does everyone think of them? And do you have them or what Winter tires do you have or will have?
[right][snapback]150570[/snapback][/right]

Hey me too! I had the previous version of these (Mich. Artic Alpin) which impressed me the last few winters on my old beater. I'm going today to pick up my new X-Ice tires for the Focus.
They are an excellent tire, they are one of the top selling winter tires this year. I myself run hankook incebear 300's. another awesome winter tire, and much cheaper. :)
FEMALES: CAN'T LIVE WITH THEM, CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THEM
i just picked up a set of the x-ice's .. hopefully there as good as everyone says they are.

Does anyone have any info on the yokahoma K2's?
Below Average Car Club
How much did you guys pay for the x-ice tires? I'm currently in the process of scouting out new winter rubber.
last year it cost me 500 taxes in for 15" set. which is 195/60/15. That was the best price i found. Can anyone beat that? If yes let me know. I need one more set for the other focus as well.

"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

mo_focus,Oct 24 2005, 10:25 AM Wrote:last year it cost me 500 taxes in for 15" set. which is 195/60/15. That was the best price i found. Can anyone beat that? If yes let me know. I need one more set for the other focus as well.
[right][snapback]151099[/snapback][/right]

The ones I got quoted on came in at about that.

I thought it was high. :(
Did you call bob. anthony?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Oct 24 2005, 12:44 PM Wrote:Did you call bob. anthony?
[right][snapback]151133[/snapback][/right]

No.
anychance your looking for 14" tires? if so i have a line on some that have very little use on them .. and they run about 2-250$
Below Average Car Club
I paid 260 for my 16" hankooks 205/50R16.. great deal, x-ice would have been around the 340 mark.
FEMALES: CAN'T LIVE WITH THEM, CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THEM
s**t. I had no idea how expensive winter tires were.

The X-ICE tires I had quoted at Canadian tire were going to come in close to 700 dollars! 180+tx. :blink:
CT had the X-Ice in 205/55/16 for $179 each a week or 2 ago. If you buy them before October 31st you get a mail in rebate for some sort of $50 Visa gift card. My local Ford dealer where I bought my car had them at $215 each list, but cut me a smokin' deal.
I have the X-Ice as well not to bad of a tire... paid dearly for them last year being a new tire at the time, i found i got a crazy wizzing noise from them in a touch of wetness on the road. My Goodyears never did that. Oh well they will be on the car soon enough for another blustery season of ice and snow. I didn't put that many km's (maybe 5000km)on them so i don't know what kind of wear you'll get. not sure if i'll dish out the big bucks for a high dollar tire like that again.... the blizzaks are cheaper. i'll go back to a cheaper tire next time around i think
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
I'll Leave my Perelli's on this winter, I left them on last winter and had no problems, to me it's how you drive in the winter that makes the difference, not the tires. If it's icy, you drive slow..lol Just my opinon.
Favorite Links:

Collegemates.ca
FocusCanada.net
Focaljet.com
FocusFanatics.com

"Getting older is mandatory, growing up is optional."
Like my other topic on here says...I bought the Bridgestone Blizzak LM-18's... But I hear the X-Ice are ok too. I simply won't touch any Michelin products because of bad history my family and friends have had with their regular tires in the rain...

How much did you get your tires for btw?
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Well after a 30cm dump of snow over 24hrs this week, I can confirm that these tires have excellent grip over ice and snow. I'm very glad I made the purchase. I couldn't even count the number of cars I passed who were just spinning on their all seasons while I drove by them with effortless traction.
WELL After installing them i found that i could blaze the tires easily on dry pavement in the cooler weather... any other snow tire i had a hell of a time spinning the tires. So far for gripping in ice they aren't that good.... that commercial for them is a joke too by the way the car that stopped had the abs turned on whereas all the others had it disabled... I think its back to a goodyear, or something cheap.... bf goodrich winter slalom are good and a reasonable price... i'm dumb for spending so much money and getting s**t.
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winter Tires: Arctic Claw @ Tires N Rims Vaughan cornflakes 7 6,943 12-22-2009, 02:53 AM
Last Post: CanadaSVT