Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now For The Tails
K, now the next project....the tail lights.....i want to paint them like the headlights, but before i do, i need an pattern that would look sharp. Meaning i want to paint the whole thing, but leave areas unpainted for the light to come through (obviously), but i need a sick looking pattern, or something...any ideas???

thanks in advance
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
do something like the new impala's, where only a circle is left, and that's where the light pattern comes out from
how about something like these
http://www.preisvergleich.org/verzeichnis/..._Dekorsets.html
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
^^ Yes, kinda like that....i have that bookmarked now...thanks for those.....but i'll keep looking for now
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Just remember you have to have visible and functional reflectors in your lights
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
[Image: 722271zi.jpg]

K if you imagine your tail lights and this design over top....i think i should be pretty good on the visible and functional reflector part.....I'm also thinking that if i were to tint my tails first then paint this on top, that would look pretty slick. instead of having bright red and silver it would be darker and then silver..(did this make sense)

then again, i'm still hunting around for a design that really catches my eye.
Mods so far:
Personally I think the tails would be better off without any paint on them. Masked/painted taillights end up looking like some cheap walmart/canadian tire "pimp my ride" sort of bullshit you see on beat up junkers trying to look fast and furious.

The headlights looks cool since it's really subtle and only covers a useless chrome section of the housing anyway so doesnt affect the functionality. I think putting paint on the tails would be "too much"..
guilty,Oct 10 2005, 08:56 PM Wrote:Personally I think the tails would be better off without any paint on them.  Masked/painted taillights end up looking like some cheap walmart/canadian tire "pimp my ride" sort of bullshit you see on beat up junkers trying to look fast and furious.

The headlights looks cool since it's really subtle and only covers a useless chrome section of the housing anyway so doesnt affect the functionality.  I think putting paint on the tails would be "too much"..
[right][snapback]148003[/snapback][/right]

Yes, yes and yes

He put it alot nicer than I would. So I am leaving his comments at that.

Save your bucks and buy a set of Euro rear Tail lights. I think Frost 2001 has a set he's willing to part with cheap and they look nice.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Oct 10 2005, 09:00 PM Wrote:Save your bucks and buy a set of Euro rear Tail lights.  I think Frost 2001 has a set he's willing to part with cheap and they look nice.
[right][snapback]148004[/snapback][/right]

I thaught that the 05 tails were different than the 00-04 tails?
it would look horrible with any design on your taillights.

I agree with fuktard and guilty.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
smith21,Oct 10 2005, 09:00 PM Wrote:I thaught that the 05 tails were different than the 00-04 tails?
[right][snapback]148017[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, the 05 sedan tails are different from the 00-04 tails (I think slimsride has a sedan anyway).. if it's the hatchback they are all the same.

I havent seen any aftermarket 2005 sedan tails yet, but most (all) the altezza style tails end up looking like s**t in my opinion.
^^ yeah i have a hatchback....

to be honest I HATE the look of the altezza tails...too much chrome and shiney s**t in them..and we all know i hate chrome...

maybe i'll just tint them for now....and spend the winter months coming up with a master plan.

Mods so far:
Slimsride,Oct 11 2005, 09:14 PM Wrote:^^ yeah i have a hatchback....

to be honest I HATE the look of the altezza tails...too much chrome and shiney s**t in them..and we all know i hate chrome...

maybe i'll just tint them for now....and spend the winter months coming up with a master plan.
[right][snapback]148208[/snapback][/right]

Buy my TYC tails...they are sexy and improve your life by 4 points
^^ do ya have pics? 4 points...woo hooo.....i was hoping for 6 but 4 will do
Mods so far:
[Image: MICROBUNNY_2.jpg]
microbunny,Oct 12 2005, 06:39 AM Wrote:[Image: MICROBUNNY_2.jpg]
[right][snapback]148273[/snapback][/right]

Those tails are even nicer in person!
Those tails are MEGA SIC.... i would have bought them but i'm trying to get rid of the focus.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
k, i like 'em!! now i just need a price.....
mind you i am aware that shipping may cost a bit....

not quite sure how they would look on a silver car though....
Mods so far:
Slimsride,Oct 12 2005, 12:06 PM Wrote:k, i like 'em!! now i just need a price.....
mind you i am aware that shipping may cost a bit....

not quite sure how they would look on a silver car though....
[right][snapback]148347[/snapback][/right]

Paul can do a photoshop for you. just send him a pic of your car on msn.

He did the same for me.

then my car broke for the 138671th time
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
sounds like an idea...

wonder if he'll be nice enough to do it for me...hmmmmmm
Mods so far: