Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swapping Tranny Parts...
Ok, so I've noticed that my clutch is starting to feel and engage slightly different than before...so with almost 100,000km's on it now, I'm thinking that perhaps it's started to wear out. If it has, I'm thinking of what to do when it comes time to replace it.

I'm thinking of getting a Centerforce or ACT clutch, but I'm also thinking about buying an LSD and perhaps a lightened/machined flyweel from someone like Fidanza or AEM, and even going as far as to research chromoly driveshafts too.

I know that all of these things should give my car a more efficient drivetrain, faster acceleration, and more precise gear changes too. I'm wondering if anyone has any of these things, and think it would be a good idea to start saving for this stuff for when the clutch goes and the tranny needs to be pulled.

Any suggestions as to who/what to buy?
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
I'm in the same baot as you. My clutch *could* use some replacing.....doesnt HAVE to be replaced, but would be a good idea.

Once the car is in storage and the Justy is back doing its winter thing, im going to probably buy a Centerforce clutch, and Quaife. May as well get all that done while the clutch is being replaced.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Quaife is the ONLY way to go as far as LSDs go.
a little more than the FR unit and come with a lifetime warrenty even when raced on!

As far as clutches go, Clutchnet is the way to go in my opinion!
they make clutches to suit your needs and if you are boosting or planning on adding boost the Clutchnet Pressure plates are the best in the biz!! for a FI application we suggest the EZ-Lock Pro 6-button disc and Type-1 Pressure plate. if you are thinking about a flywheel, once again, clutchnet is the only way to go. the Clutchnet Flywheels are 11lbs on the Zetec and perfectly suited for FI and more reasonable to drive on the street than a FS/Fidanza flywheel which weigh 8.5lbs on a NA setup.

we can get you all of the above.
My quaife prices are killer and the Clutchnet stuff can only be found through me or Clutchnet direct.

if a couple of you guys get in on this at the same time i have no issues with breaking you off a group deal! ;)
interesting <_<
03 ZX5, TrAcK rEaDy Big Grin

[Image: signature.jpg]