Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moldings?
If I take of my body moldings to paint, do I treat them just like debadging? And for the paint I just get the colour matched body paint at CDN Tire? If this is so, is using the same colour/can alright for the interior as well.
And last question, do I just do colour then clear, or sand-->primer-->
colour-->colour-->clear-->clear ???

Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
I say just take them off, sand them smooth and prime them yourself. Then just take them to a paint shop to get the paint done. SO much easier.
you mean the door guards ?

if I remember correctly you have to take off the door pannels and undo the clips in the doors.........I had to do this with my old topaz, to repair the door guards.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
What I was thinking was doing the black part on my door, I guess that is the Door Guard. But as for having to take off the door panel I guess I will skip that, considering a lot say doing this is tricky and you can mess up your window if not done right.

Oh well was just a thought...

Mods... please close thread
Paolo did this and he said it turned out really well. I dont think you need to remove the door panels, the moldings are held on with adhesive and several holes that posts sit in.
So I don't need to remove the pannel??

Can anyone else confirm who has possible done this?

Paolo??

You live in the capital and yet you seem to forget you're Canadian.

moUldings... mouldings..
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Raine,Aug 31 2005, 09:10 PM Wrote:You live in the capital and yet you seem to forget you're Canadian.

moUldings... mouldings..
[right][snapback]138009[/snapback][/right]

LOL :P
I found these 2 threads about this topic:

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...wtopic=5168&hl=
http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...wtopic=4241&hl=
Ive replaced my side mouldings and all you have to do is pull them only held by adhesive tape which someone already mentioned. Grab a corner and pull it. :D
2000 CD Silver ZX3 Auto - Focus Sport Race Header + Flexpipe - Magnaflow Cat-back + Resonator- P&P Head - Comp Cams - Esslinger Cam Gears - AEM CAI - Ford Racing Plug Wires - Progress Springs - Eibach Dampers - 17" OZ Superleggeras - Diablo Sport Chip - Focus Central UDPs - Wings West W-Type

128 whp
120 wtq
ya the moUldings were a pieceof cake to take off, prep and paint... i did it in a day. i also let the paint dry real good so it turned out pro. GOO GONE is your BEST FRIEND if you are going to attempt this mod, lol...
My other ride is your Mom
paolo,Aug 31 2005, 11:38 PM Wrote:ya the moUldings were a pieceof cake to take off, prep and paint...  i did it in a day. i also let the paint dry real good so it turned out pro. GOO GONE is your BEST FRIEND if you are going to attempt this mod, lol...
[right][snapback]138048[/snapback][/right]

Excellent!

Thanks all! Going to attempt it this weekend!

Goo gone didnt take off that s**t for me ... took me like 2 hours that day when I did mine.. holy s**t.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
tdot-zx3,Sep 2 2005, 03: Wrote:Goo gone didnt take off that s**t for me ... took me like 2 hours that day when I did mine.. holy s**t.
[right][snapback]138364[/snapback][/right]

Well I have my clay bar if goo gone won't do the trick.
Remember guys? there is a split in the years where like pre 2001 was just double sided tape? And 2001 and older had the holes?

I have a 2002 zx3. I took mine off, I had holes in my car. That crap does NOT come off with goo gone, the painter used some sorta rubber wheel and attached it to his air gun and "rubbed" it off my car. (it's what he uses for body kit tape) looked like it was a bitch to get off.
Run your car, not your mouth
ZOOM,Sep 2 2005, 11:15 AM Wrote:Remember guys? there is a split in the years where like pre 2001 was just double sided tape? And 2001 and older had the holes?

I have a 2002 zx3. I took mine off, I had holes in my car. That crap does NOT come off with goo gone, the painter used some sorta rubber wheel and attached it to his air gun and "rubbed" it off my car. (it's what he uses for body kit tape) looked like it was a bitch to get off.
[right][snapback]138420[/snapback][/right]

My car is year 2000, so does that mean I am just double sided tape??
I think so. I used to know back when i did a TON of asking around when I was doing mine, but I can't recall anymore.

If there was a year that only used tape though, it'd be the first year. :P
Run your car, not your mouth
Okay thanks!! I'll let you know when I take them off!
has anyone tried filling in the slots???
like down the doors, just eliminating them completely, how would u go about doin that??? cuz i got a liquid grey car, with teh black trim, but i want it all one colour. i mean i got my idea for the back i'm just gonna shave the hatch but for the door stoppers, i dunno if i hsould try filling them in or just remove, repaint and re attatch :huh:

any input would be good
thanx guys

Sean
i just smoothed the rear mouldings... it's soooo smooth

600 grit sandpaper and lotsa love'll do the trick

still working on the paint part.