Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stock Wheel Size For Focus 15" Rims
I bought me a set of stock rims for the focus. they are the ones that come with the split 6 spoke. I am almost done refinishing them to bring them back to a near new look. Now I need me some tires to wrap on these bad boys. What is the stock tire size for these rims.

I was thinking 195/65/R15...is that correct?
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
195/60/15 is correct...don't put 205's (which WILL fit too), the car wil steer slower with them. Also, not sure what you wanna do with the rims/car, but I'd reccomend putting a "H" rated tire on your car. Can buy some very good ones for less than $170 per corner...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
well its a winter car so the slimmer the tire the better it will cut through the snow. I was thinking of getting some decent all seasons. My dad bought some integrity's for his saturn and he has no traction problems in the winter and they held up nicely in the summer. Thats Goodyear Integrity.
Goodslide, umm...I mean, Goodyears...are terrible tires overall...so are Michelins too...both are useless in the rain, and are not as responsive in both wet and dry conditions as others...mind you, I know that the Integrity are meant for everything, but I've had bad luck with the Eagle RSA's that came on the car stock, and my buddy had bad luck with his Michelspins....ummm I mean Michelins...

Are you on a budget? Are you interested in all-around usabilty moreso than pure sport? If you want a great all-season tire that's kinda lacking only in the snow, but is awesome in every other way, the Bridgestone Potenza RE950 in our stock size is just about the highest rated tire in the world (for it's speed class). Another tire made by them that is better suited for the snow, and costs a little bit less, and lets the car ride slightly smoother is the Bridgestone Potenza G009's...a great overall tire that will give you better response in all areas, especially the wet, when compared to the Goodyears or Michelins. Another option that is even less money, but is no worse of a product is the Fuzion HRi's...another well regarded tire which is a clone of the G009, but less money...Fuzion is a baby company of Bridgestone/Firestone...but I figure you already knew that...

Hope this helps...
Drivesthebeast,Aug 30 2005, 09:49 PM Wrote:Goodslide, umm...I mean, Goodyears...are terrible tires overall...so are Michelins too...both are useless in the rain, and are not as responsive in both wet and dry conditions as others...mind you, I know that the Integrity are meant for everything, but I've had bad luck with the Eagle RSA's that came on the car stock, and my buddy had bad luck with his Michelspins....ummm I mean Michelins...

Are you on a budget? Are you interested in all-around usabilty moreso than pure sport?  If you want a great all-season tire that's kinda lacking only in the snow, but is awesome in every other way, the Bridgestone Potenza RE950 in our stock size is just about the highest rated tire in the world (for it's speed class).  Another tire made by them that is better suited for the snow, and costs a little bit less, and lets the car ride slightly smoother is the Bridgestone Potenza G009's...a great overall tire that will give you better response in all areas, especially the wet, when compared to the Goodyears or Michelins.  Another option that is even less money, but is no worse of a product is the Fuzion HRi's...another well regarded tire which is a clone of the G009, but less money...Fuzion is a baby company of Bridgestone/Firestone...but I figure you already knew that...

Hope this helps...
[right][snapback]137516[/snapback][/right]

Well money is no issue so I will contact independant tire tomorrow and find out about those RE950's. I bought the rims for dirt cheap so I might as well spend some coin on good rubber for them.
Yes...tires are the single greatest investment you can put into your car. They will make the greatest difference from stock over any mod (other than Nitrous or FI)...You won't be going wrong with anything made by Bridgestone...the 950's get my 2x thumbs up! I have them on my 78 Mercury Zephyr, and we used to have them on the Topaz as well...Having them on my Focus is worth every penny they cost me...

L8tr :)
Hey Drivesthebeast...I take it you are at work bored outta your skull as well...cuz you seem to be quick on the repost.
Nope, sitting here at home on my vacation bored outt my skull...got all of the mods done that I wanted to on my car now, so nothing to look forward to right now in that sense. That, and I like trying to help people out, or convey a point or info asap... :)
Ah gotcha....I figured you were at work cuz thats where I am.

I have more mods that I want to do to my car. I am waitign for my new guage bezzel to come in so I can fiber my tach mount into that useless change pocket thing and paint it green to match my interior.
Original size would be 195/60/15 but my buddy put 205/60/15 and they look much better. Fills the wells really nice. He has the same rims as you.
2006 Corolla - 1.8 DOHC 16V VVTi
2000 Focus SE Sport - 2.0 DOHC 16V Zetec - SOLD
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jaspher
http://ca.geocities.com/tdsports@rogers.com/home.htm
[Image: sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Size Rims girard.k 11 2,722 05-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Last Post: girard.k
  Stock Rims 16" cornflakes 9 2,429 12-03-2006, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Focus man. Focus.