Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coulda Got These Today...
Well, while I was having the 4-wheel alignment performed after the front swaybar (along with the huge Mood front swaybar links I bought to add to it)installed, I was talking to Rick, the owner of Bullas Automotive/Main West Firestone in Hamilton. I was asking him about the types of wheels available at his shop, and he just so happened to have a set of these there for sale at a discount:

[Image: EVO%206%20anth1.jpg]

He was asking $200 each for them...they are 17x7" EVO 6's, Anthracite spokes with a polished lip...also said he'd include the tuner lugs and center caps for them which cover the area where the lugnuts and empty holes are. He said that they were ordered by someone else who never came in to buy them/have them installed, and that they are worth more than what he wants to charge me for them.

Also, he has some tires left in stock from this summer that he's going to be returning to the manufacturer because he's going to start stocking his snow tire lineup, and needs to make space for them. Sooo...he was going to sell me either a set of Fuzion HRi's in a 205/40 HR17 for 50% off list price, or a set of Firestone Firehawk Wide Ovals, in a 205/40 ZR17, also for 50% off list price...man am I tempted to go and buy some of these and those rims...won't get another deal like that anytime soon...Enkei and Firestone are pretty darn good brands...

What should I do? My new TV came in today at Audio Vibe, and I am gonna go pay over $1000 for that thing after taxes tommorow....dammit...I want some rims too! lol!
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
buy em. Or someone else will.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Yeah, dont be a piece of s**t asshole like meford here...

Go buy those rims man!!!
Well, after balance and install, and after taxes, I'm about $1580 or so with the H-rated Fuzions, or around $1720 or so with the Wide Ovals...that's a lot of coin, especially after spending 2K on the suspension and it's installation. I have the money, but I'm thinking I'm gonna punk out...I've got a week to decide on this before he sends the unsold tires back...50% off on Brand New H or Z rated tires...yummy...lol
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Nice wheels, but no sense leaving yourself short. If you can spare the money, go for it.
If your too cash strapped pass the info onto NefCanuck. He is looking for new rims and this might be right up his ally.

They are nice.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I'd take those in a heartbeat hell I'd goto the bank and get a line of credit to buy them :D
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
you should so do this...i know i would if i was in your position
if you think too much...you loose... :lol:

then after not buying the wheels...you 'll regret it..

nothing like a nice set of wheels on a nice car..!!!
00 DAKOTA R/T.......I just didnt like the torque of the Focus thats all...!!!
those are some pretty nice wheels. i'd buy em.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
s**t no! Dont buy enkei's..... buy something lighter and more original.... Never buy rims on impulse!!! The seasons almost over, spend the winter deciding on a wheel you truly want, save for them, and come spring buy!!!

There are always deals to be had when shopping for wheels, and from my experiences I would NEVER buy from a local canadian shop. Buy from a larger retailer like subydude or showstoppersusa (they offer free shipping on all purchases even to Canada) plus their prices are phenomenal.

-P@
I Vtec
what the better deal, the tires or rims?

id got fot it, b/c they would look sexy on your car...but maybe spring for one or the other, that way you dont lose out completley...thats what i would do in your situation.

Myabe grab the tires now, and in the spring go for some rims
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
lordkingod,Aug 20 2005, 03:29 PM Wrote:s**t no! Dont buy enkei's..... buy something lighter and more original.... Never buy rims on impulse!!! The seasons almost over, spend the winter deciding on a wheel you truly want, save for them, and come spring buy!!!

There are always deals to be had when shopping for wheels, and from my experiences I would NEVER buy from a local canadian shop. Buy from a larger retailer like subydude or showstoppersusa (they offer free shipping on all purchases even to Canada) plus their prices are phenomenal.

-P@
[right][snapback]134331[/snapback][/right]

even though they don't sell anything for our car? :ph34r:
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending