Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gear Ratio's
Okay, lets see if can make this a painless as possible.

1) does anyone know the stock Gearing ratio for the manual zx5 (2005) and what is it?

2) Has anyone changed thier gearing yet?

3)what would you recommend?

the reason i'm asking is i find first gear RETARDED...14KM/H? what the...dont' have enough time to let the clutch out before i have to shift...i do know that i would like a longer 3 and 4 gear? but hey i'm retarded in this area, so i wouldn't have a clue on what to look for, what to get....

also i'm going to assume that this would be a pretty big job and all..

anyhow thanks in advance?

B)
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
If you have the cash and I mean a lot of cash you can get anything you want done

Qauifeamerica

that short first gear you have can be a good thing....geesh most of us SVT owners complain (not me) about how long the first gear is
2002 Sonic Blue SVTF
0-¼ mile : 15.9 sec @ 90.2 mph
BASELINE @ WHP 157, TQ 144ftlbs
[Image: nightpics(custom2).jpg]
yeah i see what you mean by alot of cash.....but i'm not quite on the up and up of gear ratio's so i'm kinda trying to learn about it, so i know what the f*** i'm talking about. I mean when i see 1.234 or whatever...um ...LOST. lol.... oh well, i'll figure it out i guess. thanks for the heads up anyhow
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
I think the ratio is 3.82 not a hundred % sure though
Flying through the twisties
SUNDOWN