Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is This Thing Any Good?
Hey,

I keep checking ebay for other focus parts to trick out my car and i keep coming across these things

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33577

I think its just a big cap to help stiffen the power supply as it seems to wireup just like a secondary battery but I can't be sure. Can someone pipe in here and tell me...is this junk?
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
looks to me like a normal power inverter, get em at crappy tire for 40 bucks
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
Well the biggest problem that stereo guys have with the focus is diming lights when hard bass hits. The only real way to stop this is to upgrade your alternator. Some people have added capacitors to their system but all that does is add another thing that the alternator has to supply juice to but can't sufficiently.

The same might happen with this product. I can't see it helping because there would be all kinds of threads about them.
do an alternator. my best audio purchase evar!
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Aug 2 2005, 11:18 AM Wrote:do an alternator.  my best audio purchase evar!
[right][snapback]127082[/snapback][/right]

What alternator?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
iraggi ampuator 220a.

had a couple problems to begin with. but after the pulley change it'll be awesome.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold