Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focussport/vf Engineering S/c - Intercooler 56k No
Well was over at the jet bugging randy for pics of the intercooler kit and he finally posted them......I'm amazed how they fit the intercooler there....and with the heat exchanger it looks like an FMIC....

[Image: fsintercooler.jpg]
[Image: fsintercooler2.jpg]
[Image: fsintercooler3.jpg]
[Image: fsintercooler4.jpg]
[Image: fsintercooler5.jpg]

Official Jet Thread
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm *droool*

ohhh Mitch!! :D ..... order time :D
Price?
Any new #'s?
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
Im so gunna bug Randy now to be posting a dyno LOL

We bugged the s**t out of him for weeks to post pics LOL

Only one bad thing. I hope thats just dirt on that front bumper. If my front bumper was chipped up that bad I would throw it in the garabge.
That is one TINY PWR.

Kevin, Too bad you can't fit the one Anna has for sale, it's core is 10" long, much more cooling but wouldn't fit in there..too bad. :(

Curious as to what numbers this thing pumps out and how effecient it is at lowered IAT's.
power and IATs are very nice for the boost they are running. should fall just below the PW kit and cost less aswell.
this addition to the FS kit will probably become the benchmark for low cost boost kits in power/dollar.
i already have 4 orders pending 3 of which are the stage3 upgrades the last of which is the full stage3 package....

you in for one too Jason?
In the jet post Randy is talking over 200whp with stage 3, and a few ways to increase this even more when your at the track....ie ice water in the resevoir...

Mitch, I hope you counted me in on one of those...its almost like a group buy ;)
I would like to be part of it to. Prolly not till winter is when I would get mine. If I ordered it any sooner I would want to install it now and I hate having my car parked in summer.
makes the vortech look like the ghetto mod it is.

also, i bet a smaller intercooler core is offset by the massive heat exchanger.

my car may have a larger intercooler, but the heat exchanger is smaller.. so you really have a big bucket of hot water with lots of surface area being cycled through a little bucket of cool water,

whereas with the above kit, you have a big bucket of cool water, cycling through a small bucket of warm water and less surface area... i bet the total system could run cooler, even though the intercooler itself is diminished in efficiency.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Nice kit, to bad they couldn't find a better place for the filter then right on top of the engine :D
My Mom Says I'm Special
put the battery in the trunk/hatch and you can shift the coolant res forward and drop the intake in to a CAI of further away from the engine.
I'd really be worried about any CAI with a boosted car, I mean your really sucking when in boost.......and a bypass valve would just end up sucking in hot air.

I'm sure once the intercooler is in the air wont' be that hot. After I got my race headers and wrapped them I don't notice as much heat in the engine bay.....everything seems to be quite cool under there compared to the shorty headers and even stock.
That is by far the nicest "looking" kit available.

The location of the filter leaves something to be desired.

However, a really nice hood with a stratigically placed scoop I think would do the trick.
I wonder how efficient it really will be I mean that huge heat exchanger may be efficient at pulling the temp of the water down at speed but if the intercooler doesn't have enough surface area by itself it's really going to have a hard time bringing the charge temp down very much.

It's certainly better than nothing but I would have probably run some sort of a water/alcohol injection before trying that setup. The IC kit would always be more saleable but I wonder about its efficiency.

Cool idea though, nice to see this kit coming together after such a long time.
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
would it be safe to run both water and alcohol injection with that intercooler. i wonder what sort of gains you could get running both.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Jul 22 2005, 02:37 PM Wrote:would it be safe to run both water and alcohol injection with that intercooler. i wonder what sort of gains you could get running both.
[right][snapback]124510[/snapback][/right]

Well you could I would run the W/A injection before trying the intercooler because it would be much less expensive to setup. I made just under 325HP on my first XR no intercooler 28psi of boost with a W/A injection setup.

It's just another way of going about dropping the charged air temp.
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Focussport/vf Engineering S/c hardk0re 45 13,755 06-11-2005, 12:50 AM
Last Post: hardk0re
  Focussport/vf Engineering S/c hardk0re 9 2,356 06-02-2005, 10:24 AM
Last Post: ZX3 Canuck