Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euro Lower Grill Install...
Has anyone installed a Trend 98-01 lower grill on an ZX3 with the stock bumper with fogs?

The stock lower grill has these extension pieces that wrap behind the fog lights. The fog lights a secured to these pieces and together they are clipped and screwed into the bumper. The centre portion of the lower grill is clipped top and bottom to the bumper.

The Trend lower grill does not have these extention pieces for the fogs to be connected. Can this grill be secured properly along with the fogs without having to use part of the stock grill? :iono:

I'll try to post pics later to show what I mean.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
If its not built to have the fog's on there then you might just have to get creative with your mounting.
But it might not fit properly at all if its not built to have the fog light's thur.
2000 ZX3
The euro bumpers had the foglight mounts built in to the bumper itself, whereas the north american grills have the mounts for the foglights. When I installed my euro lower grill I took my stock grill, hacksawed the fog mounts off, drilled a couple small holes (only visible from the rear) in the fog mounts and the euro grill, then used black zip-ties to hold them together.

Actually I followed jwardell's guide: http://www.jwardell.com/focus/grills.html

His guide shows using zip-ties in the middle of the grill too, but mine stayed in place fine just being secured at the ends. It'll turn your stock lower grill into garbage, but they really arent worth anything without the foglights anyway.
guilty,Jul 13 2005, 01:49 PM Wrote:It'll turn your stock lower grill into garbage, but they really arent worth anything without the foglights anyway.
[right][snapback]121816[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for the info. I was trying to save the stock lower grill for Malby7, but if there is no other solution then cut I must. :(
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
Yeah I dont know if there is any way to install the foglights without using the grill mounts, and if there is, they wouldnt sit flush with the bumper/grill edge.
I guess I still need a lower grill so somebody help me!
hhhmm....i guess i should of read this first before i took everything a part......

live and learn
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
update: this "mod" as a lower grill was a tottal PITA over all....i think it would of been easier to change the whole bumper to another one :P
but then if i was doing it again i could of finish in 20min.
i like the clean look of it still

took some photo's as i was working on it...constantly puttin fogs and grill back in to see how the fitting is doing

the new grill
[Image: P3120049.jpg]

fogs and grill are out
[Image: P3120048.jpg]

stock grill with one of the brackets being cut off
[Image: P3120051.jpg]

here's the bracket at the back of the fog light that makes this job to be hell
[Image: P3120050.jpg]

i had to still cut a little bit off of that plastic
[Image: P3120053.jpg]

just checkin for fitting........again
[Image: P3120052.jpg]

the result
[Image: P3120054.jpg]

i know i know....i need to put them turn signals in :rolleyes: .......next weekend
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Looks good Nik, can't wait to see it when the weather finally warms up :)

NefCanuck
I did this mod a few years back, its easier if you buy the euro glass fogs but i kept my north american plasticrap fogs in place so i had to cut the brackets etc. its not only was it a Pita, but it was also a pain in the ass to do, but looks good especially with the matching upper euro grille, which I had but have since changed to a hoffele edition badgeless grille and it still matches
My other ride is your Mom
I'm rocking the 98-01 European upper and lower grills, it makes the front end look a million times better. Looking back at the stock grills they just look cheap and ugly.. Definitely a worthwhile mod!
guilty,Mar 21 2007, 05:19 PM Wrote:I'm rocking the 98-01 European upper and lower grills, it makes the front end look a million times better.  Looking back at the stock grills they just look cheap and ugly..  Definitely a worthwhile mod!
[right][snapback]231466[/snapback][/right]

meh I took my lower grill out competly no fogs either I like the look of it,,, simple
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Installing The Euro-parts Badgeless Grill Vassili95 16 3,341 02-18-2005, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Vassili95
  Euro Rebar Install ZX3TUNR 6 2,666 04-05-2004, 03:50 PM
Last Post: ZX3 Canuck