Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking About Exhaust Tip For Muffler
Okay, I've finally gotten sick of looking at the charred end of my exhaust pipe as I approach my car from behind and I want to do something about it. Found this on Crappy Tire's website for $40, claims DIY installation (Hell, it looks like it slips on and the inner lining just adheres to the stock pipe.) <_<

Crappy Tire webpage

Any thoughts?

NefCanuck
might wanna have a direct link to the part, instead of just the website...

people are lazy (like myelf) and probly wont get enough responses

why dont ya get a full cat-back...they have silneced ones, that dont have big flashy cannons out the back...

my 2 cents
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
FociPhil,Jun 17 2005, 03:55 PM Wrote:might wanna have a direct link to the part, instead of just the website...

people are lazy (like myelf) and probly wont get enough responses

why dont ya get a full cat-back...they have silneced ones, that dont have big flashy cannons out the back...

my 2 cents
[right][snapback]115081[/snapback][/right]

Hrm, tried that and it wouldn't work... (I think Crappy Tire does something to prevent direct linking of images from their site)

Mainly cost, but the fact that the exhaust is still under factory warranty and that the installation of this thing looks so painless that even my crippled ass could do it :D

Besides, it's not as if the stock exhaust isn't working, it's just fugly where the exhaust escapes ;)

NefCanuck
If you know you want it, then what thoughts do you want us to convey? Go buy the thing :P
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
I have one from ractive and I love it. look's good, dont change the sound of your exaust, And its just held on to the pipe ( Which you might choose to Cut a bit off of like I did) With a U bracket that you make tighter on both ends by 2 bolts.

I have this Linky
2000 ZX3
Raine,Jun 17 2005, 04:11 PM Wrote:If you know you want it, then what thoughts do you want us to convey? Go buy the thing :P
[right][snapback]115085[/snapback][/right]

I should have clairified, I was wondering if anyone else had done something like this, how easy it was to install the tip, was there any cutting of the stock exhaust components involved, how this particular example looked.

I mean the Crappy Tire option is $40, looks decent without screaming "obnoxious boy racer aboard" and if it is truly DIY I'm thinking is my best bet.

NefCanuck
Whoa is it black like that mason???

That's super nice! I've never seen anything like that before... where'd you get it and how much??

Mine is made by Toucan too I think, I cut the pipe down with a sawzall, and the tip is held on by 3 screws.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Mason,Jun 17 2005, 04:24 PM Wrote:I have one from ractive and I love it. look's good, dont change the sound of your exaust, And its just held on to the pipe ( Which you might choose to Cut a bit off of like I did) With a U bracket that you make tighter on both ends by 2 bolts.

I have this  Linky
[right][snapback]115091[/snapback][/right]

Hrm, looks interesting, though I'm not sold on the black colour, interesting that it doesn't give you the cost of the thing anywhere, but I doubt it could be much more than CT wants...

NefCanuck
$7 at Crappy Tire. Wam bam thank you Mam!
[Image: night_shaded.jpg]
Black Focus SE Sport 2000
Night Shaded tailights and corners - Euro Glass Fog lights - Motegi MR7 17" - Toyo Proxies FZ4 - Brembo cross drilled - Hawk Performance pads.
nice, both those pea shooters look aight
My other ride is your Mom
Its not super black like that but when its clean if look's sharp.

Sorry about the pic's their not very good but this is what it looks like.

[Image: Pipe.jpg]

[Image: Pipe2.jpg]
2000 ZX3
linoleum,Jun 17 2005, 08:00 PM Wrote:$7 at Crappy Tire. Wam bam thank you Mam!
[Image: night_shaded.jpg]
[right][snapback]115137[/snapback][/right]

Heh, a bit more expensive here in Ontario, cheapest tip I saw there tonight was $14 and that's without any of the other bits I'd need. No kits were available so I have no idea what I'd need exactly to hook the tip on (Yes, I am a mechanical idiot :D )

NefCanuck
My crappy tire exhaust tip is still attached to my stock exhaust in my basement. I tried to removed it before having my MBRP catback installed, but it corroded and fused onto my tail pipe (and here I was worried it would fall off since it's only held on with two screws). It looked ok originally, but was covered in rust spots in less than a year.
ZTWsugardaddy,Jun 18 2005, 12:33 AM Wrote:My crappy tire exhaust tip is still attached to my stock exhaust in my basement.  I tried to removed it before having my MBRP catback installed, but it corroded and fused onto my tail pipe (and here I was worried it would fall off since it's only held on with two screws).  It looked ok originally, but was covered in rust spots in less than a year.
[right][snapback]115183[/snapback][/right]

Heh, and here I was thinking that there was no way it'd hold on with two or three measly screws... Rust spots in less than a year? :blink:

Crap... any ideas of alternate sources if Crappy Tire isn't the way to go for this?

NefCanuck
I know it was an option I had to add it onto my focus straight from ford. their's is just an addon as well I do believe.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Phantom,Jun 18 2005, 01:03 AM Wrote:I know it was an option I had to add it onto my focus straight from ford. their's is just an  addon as well I do believe.
[right][snapback]115187[/snapback][/right]

Hrm, maybe a visit to my local dealer is in order then (I didn't see an option for it when I went to Ford.ca to build & price the car though...)

NefCanuck
I know I saw it on a vehicle. I'll call my dealer tommorow and ask. :D
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
This one is a 3.5". from Canadian Tire as well, I think they were about $20 something. Don't remember exactly.

[Image: IMGP1223.JPG]
2006 Corolla - 1.8 DOHC 16V VVTi
2000 Focus SE Sport - 2.0 DOHC 16V Zetec - SOLD
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jaspher
http://ca.geocities.com/tdsports@rogers.com/home.htm
[Image: sig.jpg]
I think I spent like 50 on mine +tax.... But I figured go big or go home right lol.
2000 ZX3
The Ford OEM exhaust tip is over $70.00 plus tax!!!! WOW!!!
That's truly a Ford Stealership.
Cheers. :unsure: