Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twincharged Svt (link)
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthr...&threadid=48833

I've seen his car before, always has been my favorite SVT (exterior) that I've seen, looks amazing.

Guess he is on other forums also, assuming FJ, anyway figured I would post it up as it's pretty rare to see a focus twinned, actually first one I've seen/read about.
Damn, thats awesome. but before i pass judgement id prefer to see some numbers. i'm pretty sure he could get the same power with a big turbo :D
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Jun 1 2005, 12:18 PM Wrote:Damn, thats awesome. but before i pass judgement id prefer to see some numbers. i'm pretty sure he could get the same power with a big turbo  :D
[right][snapback]111970[/snapback][/right]

yeah but i htink the point of the twin charging is to get rid of the crazy lag a big turbo would give you ;)

No doubt in my mind he would get the same power with a bigger turbo, it would just take till 4000rpm to get that power. :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
dare i say.... BITURBO! :P
05 Altima SE-R
scoobasteve,Jun 1 2005, 01:34 PM Wrote:dare i say.... BITURBO!  :P
[right][snapback]111990[/snapback][/right]

There would still be some lag though. with the supercharger, there should be none at all.

twin T on a focus would be cool tho. B)
Flofocus,Jun 1 2005, 12:38 PM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Jun 1 2005, 01:34 PM Wrote:dare i say.... BITURBO!  :P
[right][snapback]111990[/snapback][/right]

There would still be some lag though. with the supercharger, there should be none at all.

twin T on a focus would be cool tho. B)
[right][snapback]111991[/snapback][/right]

haha, i know, i'm just being difficult. It's alot of work, time and money. and unless hes putting up some huge numbers i'm not too sure it would be worth it.

any guesses on the sort of power he's gonna have ?
05 Altima SE-R
guarantee he's going to have less torque and horsepower than if he just went turbo alone.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Jun 1 2005, 03:25 PM Wrote:guarantee he's going to have less torque and horsepower than if he just went turbo alone.
[right][snapback]112015[/snapback][/right]

i think hes going to put out the same as everybody else. Its an SVT right.....250-275 WHP is my guess.
Thats' been all over FJ for a while now. He blew it up recently and is putting in some pistons...
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
bluetoy,Jun 1 2005, 03:15 PM Wrote:Thats' been all over FJ for a while now. He blew it up recently and is putting in some pistons...
[right][snapback]112034[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I figured it was off FJ, I don't have an account and don't visit that site so I didn't know.
Flofocus,Jun 1 2005, 03:30 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Jun 1 2005, 03:25 PM Wrote:guarantee he's going to have less torque and horsepower than if he just went turbo alone.

i think hes going to put out the same as everybody else. Its an SVT right.....250-275 WHP is my guess.
[right][snapback]112017[/snapback][/right]

but considering that the supercharger is draining power from what the turbo is contributing for max HP and torque, the car is going to be net lower horsepower and torque than if he just went with the turbo.

all he gets from the supercharger is maybe... MAYBE, a little bit of low-end grunt to cover the time it takes to spool the turbo.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Jun 1 2005, 06:19 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jun 1 2005, 03:30 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]112017[/snapback][/right]

but considering that the supercharger is draining power from what the turbo is contributing for max HP and torque, the car is going to be net lower horsepower and torque than if he just went with the turbo.

all he gets from the supercharger is maybe... MAYBE, a little bit of low-end grunt to cover the time it takes to spool the turbo.
[right][snapback]112058[/snapback][/right]

True, but it's still cool.