Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd O2 Sensor Replacement........
I just had my car in for the EGR recall, but i'm still throwing a CEL! It turns out that i also need the 2nd bank O2 sensor :angry: But they want $280 to do the service :lol: :lol: :huh:

The service tech said that the heater element is shot in the sensor.
Will an MIL correct this?

But i think i'm might as well just buy a new sensor.
I was just wondering if there is any differance in brands? or any sensors that might be better than others?
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
I've got a MIL harness, if you want to try it out....
hmmm.. its not really hard to remove those.. i think the wrench size is 22mm .. and the wiring well, there's an adapter, so you can plug and unplug the sensors without redoing the whole wiring..

i'd try doing it if i were you.. of course you still have to buy the 2nd o2 sensor
ZX3T gone..
Yeah i'm gonna try the MIL i have from Steeda and see if that works, but i might as well get a new sensor.

I know the first (#1) o2 sensor i bought last year(ford motorcraft) was $130 with my cousins mechanics discount, just don't know if there are any better for the same price or cheaper?
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Try giving standard autowreckers a call, they seem to have a crapload of wrecked zetecs there....maybe you can get an o2 from there at a fraction of the cost....
I replaced both of mine when I installed my header. I used NTK application specific and they work fine.
EGR recall?... Why didn't I know about this?.