Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing Gages
Hey, does anyone know what are the best wires to tap into for the lighting of gages.

thanks
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
I used the parklights, so when my parks or headlights are on the gauges come on.

I tried putting them on the dimmer, but the 194 gauge bulbs only work effectively at full power, so I wouldn't recommend it.
Steeve, put a kill switch on the AF gauge, it can become very very very very very very very ANNOYING especialy if driving 12 hours over night in total darkness.... :lol:

beleive me, you'll thank me for it.
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
I don't find mine too bad, you just get used to it afterwhile right...
I just tapped into the single wire that goes to the radio to control illumination, works fine and works with the dimmer. Its the yellow plug with a single wire on it.

I had 4 gauges in my old car and it worked fine off of that for the lighting...
french_connection,Mar 20 2005, 11:40 PM Wrote:Steeve, put a kill switch on the AF gauge, it can become very very very very very very very ANNOYING especialy if driving 12 hours over night in total darkness....  :lol:

beleive me, you'll thank me for it.
[right][snapback]95190[/snapback][/right]

Mine isnt bad, you barely notice it, but it isnt on the same pillar as yours are going. I can see how those would be annoying since its right in your view all the time,
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
for the a/f gauge did you tap into the black or the gray wire of the 1st o2 sensor?
ZX3TUNR,Mar 21 2005, 10:33 AM Wrote:for the a/f gauge did you tap into the black or the gray wire of the 1st o2 sensor?
[right][snapback]95268[/snapback][/right]

Grey on mine, but black on BerinG's. They werent the same, even tho we have the same model and year of car. Or was it the other way around....cant remeber now. :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
is there a specific colour wire i should tap into on the headlight switch. or are they different on different cars.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold