Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zx3 Rear Roof Spoiler.....?
I'm trying to decide on a rear spoiler and keep coming back to the same one.......

It's not ford or aftermarket though, so i'm having a hard time with it.

I'm thinking of trying a Kia Rio RX-V roof spoiler :unsure: :blink:

I kinda like the way it would wrap around the ZX3/5 tails

Any thoughts?

So let the flaming begin.......... :lol: :lol:
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
I cant see how it would fit. I was laughing at a RIO today, they are very narrow cars(?).
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Mar 18 2005, 09:17 PM Wrote:I cant see how it would fit. I was laughing at a RIO today, they are very narrow cars(?).
[right][snapback]94654[/snapback][/right]

The RX-V is the wagon style and some have a roof wing that would mount like the S2 wing

I wish I could find a decent pic i'd post it
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
When I say narrow I mean by a foot. My Subaru wagon is about the exact same exterior dimensions as a Focus (ZX5) and a RIO wagon looked miniscule in comparison. There surely must be easier ways to get the look you want such as universal parts, Subaru wagon parts, Suzuki wagon parts............
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Is this what you mean? This is from the KIA.

I can't believe I downloaded this crap.

http://groups.msn.com/FocusTuning2/shoebox...hoto&PhotoID=10

The things I do

The Focus is 66.7" wide and the Rio is 65.9. Not that far off really.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Mar 19 2005, 02:49 AM Wrote:The Focus is 66.7" wide and the Rio is 65.9.  Not that far off really.
[right][snapback]94675[/snapback][/right]
But at the roof line?

I'll add the Mitsu wagon to my list of potential donors too.

After seeing the picture of the RIO roof spoiler I know it wont fit, unless you raise it many inches due to that downturn at the edges. If you did that I am pretty much convinced meford4U will kill you dead.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
If you did that I am pretty much convinced meford4U will kill you dead.

Yes

Don't put KIA parts on my NA cars.

I am now disgusted with myself for aiding this idea.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Yeah you guys are right.....

The angles of the hatches are too different and it would end up retarded :huh:

Thanx for the help guys B)
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
We are just opinionated. There is no reason for you to take either of us seriously or give either of our opinions value. We've been called FUCtards before, rightly or wrongly.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Well i'm not sure i really want to cover up my european lexus style tails anyway B)
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
I'm sure you'll find something else that fits... what about a not-too-angular spoiler from the WW collection of parts? Have you checked there? It just popped into my head. :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 20 2005, 09:47 AM Wrote:I'm sure you'll find something else that fits... what about a not-too-angular spoiler from the WW collection of parts? Have you checked there? It just popped into my head. :)
[right][snapback]94979[/snapback][/right]

Not really a big fan of WingsWest......... other than the w-type lip kit.

But i already have my kit, and a 3 piece mid wing(knock-off i think).

the 3 piece isn't going on 'cause i have other plans for the hatch............

I might just say screw it and get the north viking WRC wing :lol: :rofl:
(jokes............. maybe ;) )
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
If your still looking for a wrap around wing you might like this one

http://shop.street-racers.co.uk/index.php/browse/765/

It's the 4th one down.

Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

habmann,Mar 20 2005, 11:45 AM Wrote:If your still looking for a wrap around wing you might like this one

http://shop.street-racers.co.uk/index.php/browse/765/

It's the 4th one down.
[right][snapback]94989[/snapback][/right]

habmann you are awsome!!

that's the exact one i've been looking for! I posted a pic in mitch's pre-order thread, but we were both stumped on where to find it. B)
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
No prob man, thats probably my fav spoiler for the hatch. I wonder if mitch can get it and how much it would be. Definately something i wouldn't mind looking into.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear Spoiler For Focus cornflakes 10 2,148 11-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Drivesthebeast