Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help On Removing Pcv Tubing From Valve Cover
So... as a component of ditching my lower airbox half this weekend... I need to remove the stock valve cover breather piping that runs from the lefthand (passenger) side of the SPI valve cover all the way over to the driver's-side of the car and into the lower airbox.

The tubing used for this seems VERY freaking ridgid, and what's more is that I'm having a hell of a time getting it to budge off the valve cover "nipple" as it were.

I have a replacement breather filter in waiting so I'm not tossing oil all over the place... I just want to get this tubing off the engine without destroying stuff.

Alternatively, I could leave the stock stuff in place, disconnect the hose from the bottom of the airbox, and put the breather there. However, I didn't want the valve cover breather venting next to the intake again.

I'd appreciate ideas / how-tos / solutions.

Thanks guys B)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I think i know what you rtalking about....

The Justy needed a fuel pressure test recently, and I had to remove the fuel lines....same thing, the end has a little nipple. It was a bitch to get off...but this is what I did.

I couldnt find any WD-40, so I used canola oil from a spray can for cooking :lol:

Took a small flat head screw driver and drenched the end in the oil....jammed it in the tube around the metal part and just "worked" the oil betwwen the rubber and the metal. Took a pair of pliers and and put a rag over the rubber to not cut it up or anthing, started twisting and it finally came off. try that yo.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I'll give that a shot after work! Thanks man! :D

I've got a couple cans of WD-40 kicking around the house somewhere...

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Flofocus,Mar 18 2005, 12:28 PM Wrote:I couldnt find any WD-40, so I used canola oil from a spray can for cooking  :lol:

Thats too funny I did the exact same thing today while installing my CAI... Except I used the canola oil to reinsert the breather tube over the little nub :lol: :lol:
I Vtec
I gave up and put the breather on the end of the PCV tubing where the airbox used to be. It's a tad ghetto till I tie it up... but it's not going anywhere in the meantime.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Massive valve cover. adamzx5 3 2,890 10-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Last Post: adamzx5