Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gas Mileage Question
If theres one thing that I hate about vehicles, its when there not getting good mileage. My focus seems to be getting bad mileage in the last month or so ( was 650km a tank a few months ago now its around 400km). What in the hell can cause this? I'm bringing the gd thing into the dealership tomorrow to see what they have to say about it? What do you think they should look at?
:o 650km per???????????????????????????????????????
How many L of gas you put in? I only reach 550km a few times.
2000 ZX3: KW coil-over/IceMan/FC UPD/Megaflow cat-back /energy bushing all over/Ported TB/home make ground wires

260000km and counting.....
You are going to the dealership because your mileage sucks? :lol:

My new car I get 700km on 40L. Gotta love imports!
I was hitting around 650km a tank for a while there, I just wanna know why it dropped!
Meh, best I've ever gotten was 550. I average around 400/tank city driving
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
I'm with Al, been averaging 400/tank (40L) mostly city since day 1 on my 2000 ZX3. :blink:
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
400 here or so.

500 something on trips to toronto
Run your car, not your mouth
wow, 650/tank... is there a 70L tank option for the new foci? lol

yeah I generally get around 400 city, 500 and a bit highway. (50L Tank, dummy light comes on around 10L from emtpy)

Regardless, to answer your question you might consider a dirty fuel filter, air filter... hard to say cause we don't know any information about your car, ie mileage, serv. history, mods... the dealers can diagnose this better. But like the other posts, that seems very high unless you ran alot of highway at the posted speed limits :P
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
When I was really trying to conserve gas (in the city) I managed close to 550 km I think. But yeah, it's usually 400 or so, or if I'm being a dumb dam and wasting the gas less.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
There were a few of us who had a problem whereby we could only fill our tanks up to 36L's... After taking the car in for the Fuel pump recall we were able to fill up the tank to it's normal capacity. It's said that the fuel pump itself can help, but I think Ford issued the recall to cover up this tank fix they needed to do. Maybe yours would be subject to that as well?
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
and again you guys reminding me...only 400k per tank...or better..230miles per tank on a 13 gal tank... :( :( :(
00 DAKOTA R/T.......I just didnt like the torque of the Focus thats all...!!!
redsvtfocus,Nov 11 2004, 09:25 PM Wrote:and again you guys reminding me...only 400k per tank...or better..230miles per tank on a 13 gal tank... :(  :(  :(
boo hoo when my wife drives the car I get 250-275 km per 40 L's whne I drive the car I get 220-250 of sunncco 94 a buck a litre crap :angry: and my first tank lasted a whopping 110 km's :unsure:

so thats like 16L's per 100 km or a 2L of pop per a drive down town and back(10 km's or so)
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
It's a bit colder now too, that affects milage.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I'm averaging 6L/100km on my commutes into work. :ph34r:
I don't know what trannys you have in your foci', but I find since I've changed to 5 speed from auto, I get better milage. I drive 60 kms each day, back and forth to work durring the week, and a bit of city driving in there, and I'm getting 600 + on a tank of gas. It's better then having the auto, it was round the 520 kms on a tank.

But I've driven from Nashville Tenn. to Jackson Mississippi on a tank of gas on the highway and man, was that the best gas milage I've ever got in this car! 900+ kms! :D
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Nov 12 2004, 03:39 PM Wrote:But I've driven from Nashville Tenn. to Jackson Mississippi on a tank of gas on the highway and man, was that the best gas milage I've ever got in this car! 900+ kms! :D
either you were drafting all the transports or it was in one of them :P :lol:
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
Time spent on the hook of a tow truck doesn't count.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Quote:either you were drafting all the transports or it was in one of them 

Actually I was.... not to mention doing round 140 km/ph thrughout most of Alabama :P gotta love americans with their legalized radar dectors
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Quote:I've ever got in this car! 900+ kms

Well I must be doing something wrong. The most I' ve ever got was 525km. <_<
Black 2001 ZX3-Panasonic H/U, Kenwood amp (don't know how many watts), 10" RF Punch sub (good enough for the music I listen to)
Falken ZIEX ZE-512's
i'm the same as most of you with the ST hitting about 450 on a tank driving like the fool. runing it hard i've been into the 370-80's. if i run ultra 94 and baby it i can hit 250km on the first quarter then i give up and the milage goes all to hell after that, i've hit 592 on the highway but haven't had much of a chance since it was and is still "new" at almost 18,000 km. BTW Have you changed to your snow tires yet?? and are they a different size cuz that will totally fvck you gearing if they aren't the right size for the vehicle. Cold weather will kill your milage of course i think its by about 20% not sure if that stat included snow tires.
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]