Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Got My Ass Kicked Lol
*n00b n00b etc* (getting it out of the way)

So last night I was in Barrie for a movie, drove home down the 400 and saw a few cars, a Ferrari red (with a Ferarri sticker heh) late 90s civic hatchback, early 90s civic hatchback and I think an MR2 (he didn't do much so I didn't notice him really). Anyway we got racing a little down the highway and we got an open stretch so the newer civic waved me on and we did a little accelleration match and he kicked my ass. But that didn't matter to me, I had fun that's all that mattered.

This basically went on all the way from the Barrie (horse) race track to the 407 cut off where they exited onto the 407.

And I guess clarification, I drive a completely stock automatic ZX5, so it's not like I had much of a chance. Though the early 90s couldn't go over 160 km/h (100 mph) it seemed, his car would smoke and backfire?

Not the first time I've done something like this, I concider myself a fairly compentent driver, but I haven't done this often. Though I have driven fast often, rarely raced.

And I guess on a similar note, do all Focus' max out at 180? when I hit just over 180 km/h seems a governor kicks in. Haven't looked into it, don't really care. But nice to know.

And yeah, Hi.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
yes all focus have a top speed limiter.

sounds like that civic had a swap that isn't fully sorted out yet..

welcome
Not all Focuses have a speed limiter.. The SVT doesn't.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
how fast does the SVT go? it's 170 hp right?

Yeah I wasn't sure about that civic, it scared me at first though. I though something was wrong with my car cuz I had music playing so it didn't sound like it was coming from any particular direction.

I was talking to a guy on IRC he says my focus should do 219 km/h or something, I guess he meant if I removed the limiter?
Well...a lot its been said about the max speed of the SVT...I've done 130mph...about 210km/h :ph34r: ..and no limiter...but I've read some cant go that fast..other have gone faster...dont know really..but I think it depends on the city that you buy it maybe???...someone knows something for real about it? :blink:
00 DAKOTA R/T.......I just didnt like the torque of the Focus thats all...!!!
That's about the fastest I've ever driven, 210 km/h, of course I didn't do this in my Focus though heh. I was driving my step Dads '02 Acura CL Type-S
The SVTs arent speed-limited, but the rest of them are, supposed to be around 105mph or something. You can get around that with a performance chip, if you really feel the need for going faster than that.
Taken my ZX3 to 180 and no govenor kicked in, held it for about 1 minute then let her slow down. Gas milage after that was marvellous! lol
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
I think I got mine to 211-212kph .. something like that. Granted it took a while to get there. And probably was downhill too .. ha ha ha ...
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
it's just after 180 that I get the nose dropping. Now due to inaccuracies in speedometers who knows how fast I was going, but if they're limited to 105 I imagine I was doing about that.

Now I'm in a ZX5 automatic, so perhaps whatever results I get are different from ZX3 or ZX5 Manual.
got to about 205 in the zx3.. also took me a little while to get there hehehe
ZX3T gone..
"Racing" in a Stock Auto Focus is GAY!
Jays2000ZX3,Nov 8 2004, 01:42 PM Wrote:"Racing" in a Stock Auto Focus is GAY!
:lol:

Yup, and I have one myself. When you think about how absolutely effortless 180-200 can be had in a more capable car you'd laugh too.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I've hit 225 in the SVT. 178 in the zx3 before the govenor kicked in <_<
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
2001 ZTS,Nov 8 2004, 02:14 PM Wrote:
:lol:

Yup, and I have one myself. When you think about how absolutely effortless 180-200 can be had in a more capable car you'd laugh too.
At least your car is far from Stock.
I hit about 210 in my chipped ZX3.

Fastest I've ever gone in a car = my uncle's Z06 at 270 kmh. :o
* flame suit on *
racing on the streets is a double dose of queer.

take it to the track

Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I can go 250KPH :lol: :lol:
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
DD1,Nov 8 2004, 07:09 PM Wrote:I can go 250KPH :lol: :lol:
neon lovers are gay. :P
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Nov 8 2004, 07:16 PM Wrote:
DD1,Nov 8 2004, 07:09 PM Wrote:I can go 250KPH  :lol:  :lol:
neon lovers are gay. :P
it doesn't say neon anywhere on the car or invoice ;)
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]