Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Front Page.
whats with the new ( wigger riceboy themed ) front page ?! Its brutal.... theres never a need for rap or whatever you wanna call that pathetic music that was added on. Tell me I'm not the only one that thinks it was WAY better before. Just keep it about the focus...... the mad tyte phat beats are outa place and annoying!
wtf man whats your deal. when did you turn 50?
I'm SLIGHTLY younger then 50 hahhaha. But that doesnt make rap any better. It has no musical merit or value, its only what the media currently promotes as cool.
make you feal better if i put "Hanson" on the front page? What song or type of music would you much rather have on there? I don't know. Was the only cool song I found. Jarrod was all stoked about putting elevator music on lol
i was reading the section where jay had posted what was going on with the site and how the site is under construction. I saw many many replies and it seems everyone likes it and I mean everyone...So then i came upon this post...
I think you are alone on that feeling man. The new page seems sweeet to me. If anything whats with ur avatar?("all gurls are whores???")
If you don't like rap thats fine state that you don't like rap....no need to go off about an entire page design because it plays music you don't like. also thats not the new front page either thats the "coming soon" page geezus :blink:
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
Hmmm.... Hanson perhaps would be one of the few things that could be worse then whatever is currently there.

Why does there have to be music at all ? Is this a music forum ? bah whatever.
I respect your criticism. I try my best to keep every one happy but I can't do it all the time. If ppl said they didn't like the music I wouldn't of added it but....... ya. I go with majority. I'm sure you see where I'm coming from.

There will be lots more flash added to the site. It's going to be a more active web site. Its time to get with the times.
I wasnt ever trying to be nasty or anything... just goofy.

my main point really was, do we really need music on a car site ? flash is fine, animated stuff and whatnot... makes it interesting, but music can really piss people off if they arent into it....and exactly, its imposible to please everyones tastes.... but with no music you'd have no tastes to please.
I don't think much of the music either but acknowledge it is part of "the scene" and almost has to be there, it is expected by most to be there.

2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Yeah and I think the music is awesome, adds a very nice touch to the site. I am seriously impressed Jay. Definitely love the new look of the front page to say the least.
I don’t mind the music and I am in my forties. I do miss the newest posts listing on the front page.

Hey S2 Steeda, is that typing dyslexia under your avatar or is it some new forum jargon that I don’t get:

‘Teh’ Saskatoon Kid…

:blink:
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
Jay, If carelessmotorsports is the only one that doesnt like the front page, then dont take it as negative critizism, its just him.
My other ride is your Mom
I'm in my forties too and I really like the front page. Kind of reminds me of the the SVT front page. Jay maybe you could do something like that .Here is the site page.
http://www.svt.ford.com/home.asp
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
I think I'm with careless on the music part.. it's not that the music is overly bad (I'm not a big rap fan, but whatever), I just generally dont like websites that put music on them. Like if I'm surfing the web late at night, I dont want to have to quickly shut my speakers off so I dont wake anyone up.

I think the fact that this is a sport compact, the music doesnt really fit. When I drive my Ford Focus I dont listen to rap music, why should the website reflect that? Maybe if this was a website focused on a car that was modified primarily by people who listen to rap music then it would make sense..

If any sounds are necessary, I'd think an engine revving and tires squealing would be more suitable since it's a car forum, not a rap music forum.

The rest of the page is fine (minus the spelling mistakes still on there), but yeah.. would be nice if there was a "MUTE" button on the page, and that your cookie would remember your setting so you wouldnt have to hear it. Or make a flash intro with music that you can skip, so then you can favoritize the actual website page without sound.
dBlast,Oct 16 2004, 07:22 AM Wrote:I don’t mind the music and I am in my forties. I do miss the newest posts listing on the front page.

Hey S2 Steeda, is that typing dyslexia under your avatar or is it some new forum jargon that I don’t get:

‘Teh’ Saskatoon Kid…

:blink:
Ahhhh it's another way to pronounce "THE" but hard to explain.... lol
guilty,Oct 16 2004, 10:11 AM Wrote:I think I'm with careless on the music part.. it's not that the music is overly bad (I'm not a big rap fan, but whatever), I just generally dont like websites that put music on them. Like if I'm surfing the web late at night, I dont want to have to quickly shut my speakers off so I dont wake anyone up.

I think the fact that this is a sport compact, the music doesnt really fit. When I drive my Ford Focus I dont listen to rap music, why should the website reflect that? Maybe if this was a website focused on a car that was modified primarily by people who listen to rap music then it would make sense..

If any sounds are necessary, I'd think an engine revving and tires squealing would be more suitable since it's a car forum, not a rap music forum.

The rest of the page is fine (minus the spelling mistakes still on there), but yeah.. would be nice if there was a "MUTE" button on the page, and that your cookie would remember your setting so you wouldnt have to hear it. Or make a flash intro with music that you can skip, so then you can favoritize the actual website page without sound.
Yeah a mute button would be cool for those that like to spend their time looking at the front page instead of in the forums. Joking obviously. For the two seconds or less you are actually on that front page, it's totally cool.

Jay it rocks man, love it!
if ur gonna put music on the page, dont use copyrighted material, unless u get the necessary clearence from the proper authorities to use it. If you want music / a beat to use for the main page, I can get some music samples/clips and the proper authority to use them for a web page if u want.
My other ride is your Mom
I could live without the music as well...
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
i'm not a big fan ogf the front page either... and i'm A LOT younger than 50!

it screms juvenile, and very honda like.....

it doesn't have a euro touch at all....

:thumbsdown:
Focused,Oct 16 2004, 06:13 PM Wrote:i'm not a big fan ogf the front page either... and i'm A LOT younger than 50!

it screms juvenile, and very honda like.....

it doesn't have a euro touch at all....

:thumbsdown:
You want euro then play some Andrea Boccelli or Umberto Tozzi. Leave it man, who cares it's only a front page where you click enter!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Front Page euro_zx5 61 26,063 12-16-2006, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Kelowna_Focus
  What's Wrong With The Front Page? meford4u 10 2,974 03-04-2005, 08:16 AM
Last Post: DD1
  Front Page Ideas......? Penwraith 8 2,576 10-29-2004, 06:57 AM
Last Post: scoobasteve
  Front Page Paparoach 3 1,563 08-06-2004, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Paparoach