Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Low Should I Go?
recently i have been told twice by ppl not to but the sportline springs from eibach cuz they will be too low and rough for everyday driving and winter, any opinions or comments? i'm just buying springs for now because my ST has svt struts which i feel are good enough
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
shooting up sparks is always a nice touch to any ride at night!!

;)
I got the Eibach Prokit springs (1.5" drop and the Sportlines are about 2") and I am totally screwed for winter IMO.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid7...31/fb4c3b92.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid7...a1/fb9fb06b.jpg

that was how low my focus sat :lol:
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
DD1,Oct 2 2004, 10:46 AM Wrote:http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid7...31/fb4c3b92.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid7...a1/fb9fb06b.jpg

that was how low my focus sat :lol:
The....the....THE LIP....

:ph34r:
Links don't work, Imagestation sucks as we have all heard 1000000000000 times.
what lip is that ne ways it sits extreamlyy low
2003 Zx3 French Blue
S2 Steeda,Oct 2 2004, 12:29 PM Wrote:Links don't work, Imagestation sucks as we have all heard 1000000000000 times.
maybe its the user???
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
DD1,Oct 2 2004, 12:27 PM Wrote:
S2 Steeda,Oct 2 2004, 12:29 PM Wrote:Links don't work, Imagestation sucks as we have all heard 1000000000000 times.
maybe its the user???
The links werent working for me earlier, but they are now.. Imagestation is bad for giving you a permission error when clicking on the link.
That lip was made by Tim... hehehe I have pics of it somewhere too...

I dropped my car just over an inch.. could have been lower.. but it's really comfortable.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
With a drop and lip like that I could plow my driveway after a snowfall just by driving out of my garage... :lol:
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
As long as you have stock bumpers on the car.... Your fine having a 2 inch drop during winter... Even a 2.25
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
Bah I don't know what you ladies are all bitching about.

I had the wings west lip kit + eibach sportlines and I wasn't screwed or anything sheesh. What kind of clearance do you need S2steeda? 1.5 inches is litterally the hieght of what? Your focus car key? If hit something that is gonna do damage, then that extra 1.5 inches probably wouldn't have made that much difference anyway dude.
Run your car, not your mouth
Crazirich: I'm not the expert here but guessing your car has the old SVT springs and is already 1/2" lower than other Focuses. So the net effect of other springs will be 1/2" less than advertised.

If you do take off your (SVT springs) I'd be interested in taking them off your hands. They fit my sedan I assume? experts? About a 1/2" is as low as I can go based on where I drive, especially in winter. Must be nice to live where all these other guys do.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
yep they would fit your sedan
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
i think of it this way bye the time u wake up and leave ur house the streets r salted and plowed. i went down about 3 inches
2003 Zx3 French Blue
_JC_,Oct 3 2004, 12:03 AM Wrote:i think of it this way bye the time u wake up and leave ur house the streets r salted and plowed. i went down about 3 inches
I remeber those days, let me guess a student right? Got an "early" class at 10am. :lol: I can here you talk: "theres a 5 'o' clock in the morning now? What will they think of next!"

If you're not a student where is this utopia you all live?

(Thanks for info about fitment t-dot)
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Oct 2 2004, 06:08 PM Wrote:Crazirich: I'm not the expert here but guessing your car has the old SVT springs and is already 1/2" lower than other Focuses. So the net effect of other springs will be 1/2" less than advertised.

If you do take off your (SVT springs) I'd be interested in taking them off your hands. They fit my sedan I assume? experts? About a 1/2" is as low as I can go based on where I drive, especially in winter. Must be nice to live where all these other guys do.
i don't think my springs are svt, for the ride height is quite high like the se models, they have a 2005 (5S) part number in the ford listing

_JC_,Oct 2 2004, 07:03 PM Wrote:i think of it this way bye the time u wake up and leave ur house the streets r salted and plowed. i went down about 3 inches
it takes them forever to plow my road i don' t live in the city, they take a run with the plow on the heavy day at like 1pm, then salt way later

The lower the better :D I got the Sprint 2" progressive drop and there amazing. If you got the bling go for H&R cup kit :D If you want super nice ride and adustable go for air ride...

Coils = garbage...