Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Dyno, With Questions =)
<a href='http://members.rogers.com/machingwai/dyno.JPG'>[Image: dyno.JPG]</a>

since i don't have a scanner, this is the best i can do ;)

in case you can't see it clear, it is 146.1 HP @6400rpm and 140.4 TQ @4400rpm at the wheel. cam gear settings are at -5 INTAKE, and +4 EXHAUST

I forgot to get the baseline print out when the gears were at 0, 0, but it was 139HP peak and 135TQ peak, and now i'm gaining both HP and TQ in all RPM.

I could make it to get 2 more HP at the peak but i would lose a lot TQ and a little HP from idle to 5700RPM that's why i left it like this...

the dyno guy told me that i should be able to get 150HP or higher if i don't have a cat (or a high-flow cat), since now i only have a regular universial cat which is quite restrictive.

ok heres my question, i have crower stage II and early 2000 intake manifold as 2 of my mods, and i saw other ppl are getting power all the way to 7000RPM. i'm just wondering why my power curve starts to go down after 6400RPM? Will this be due to the regular universial cat?? that is restricting my air flow especially at high RPM when it actually needs more flow???

thanks a lot, please help.
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
Wow that dyno kills mine, what mods are you running?
Woah .. never saw this ...

First of all .. Awsome numbers *thumbsup* ...

Second of all, could be the cat, could be that exaust manifold being a little skinnier and being 4-2-1

Tuff to say.

You take out that cat though, and youd have over 150 forsure...

Order the EGR blockoff plates too.

PS... The car felt really strong that day on my street. Probably one of the best feeling n/a ones ive been in. Im a huge fan of your car...
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
yeloZX3,Aug 14 2004, 01:43 AM Wrote:.........early 2000 intake manifold .....
I keep meaning to get that piece myself. Maybe t-dot can &quot;find&quot; one for me at work?

Impressive numbers!
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Aug 16 2004, 02:48 PM Wrote:
I keep meaning to get that piece myself. Maybe t-dot can &quot;find&quot; one for me at work?
HAHAHHAHAHA.....what rock did you crawl out from under Andrew? lol Dan hasn't been employed since ....well...a LONG time lets just say haha

anyhow...

Hey nice #'s man...they seem pretty consistant with those mods...but for sure lose the cat....you will thank me later

...but the cops may not :D
Focused,Aug 16 2004, 08:04 PM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Aug 16 2004, 02:48 PM Wrote:
HAHAHHAHAHA.....what rock did you crawl out from under Andrew? lol Dan hasn't been unemployed since ....well...a LONG time lets just say haha
I know, he's been working at a scrap yard since winter right? Sorry 'auto recycler' they are called these days.

I thought he might just 'find' one and shove it under his coat?

2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
lol read it again....hahah small typo on my part B)
Ya i dont work there anymore.

;)
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.