Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suspension Suggestions
Okay guys.. I'm just looking for some advice here. I was planning on getting the FK Hitec 35/40mm spring/damper setup for my ZX3 but with the recent events with FK that doesnt sound so promising.

I'm looking for something that'll lower me around 1.5-1.8", stiffer handling but not too stiff. I dont really do any racing, but I'd like a little more aggressive suspension without sacrificing ride quality completely. It's kind of a mix of appearance and performance for me right now.

I want high-quality parts, reputable brand name, etc. without having to break my bank.

Any suggestions on brands, products, packages, and places (preferably in Canada) are appreciated.
Eiback pro-kit with their shock/strut combo. This is exactly what your looking for by the sounds of your post. Not crazy harsh, gives a nice lower profile while adding some excellent perfomance.

i would say Fk cuz I have no complaints with mine...but yeah.,..your right, doesnt look to good.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I just went with the Eibach Prokit on my car, amazing difference in ride quality not to mention a huge drop, it says that it is a 1.4/1.5 drop but it looks like alot more than that. I just got the coil springs at the moment, got the sway bars hopefully at the start of July and then Eibach dampers later on in the year. Anyway....

Eibach is renouned to be a industry leader. It seems like it is definitely one of the most preferred suspension companies according to focus modders.
Im doing H&R cup kit :D
Isnt the cup kit a 2.5-2.75" drop? That's what the focussport.com website describes them as. But the springs by themselves are only 1.5".. I wouldnt mind something like that, but dont want to have to spend the $600USD+ for the koni struts when it's time to upgrade.
thabrat,Jun 10 2004, 09:18 PM Wrote:Im doing H&R cup kit :D
Thats what I want to get as well. Maybe we can get a few more people and get a better price. :D
I can get it for around $900 Cdn in canada.
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
You are gonna have to get eibach, but mind you any complete spring / strut combo is gonna run you easily over 500-600 dollars. Then you have installation to worry about...
Run your car, not your mouth
Quote: Then you have installation to worry about...

Installing springs/struts is easy. Just takes so dam long. :lol: Unless your working with an older car and all the bolts are rusted up and coroded (like someones car) :lol:

Ya the cup kit is a super slick drop. I been admiring it since I had my old 4 door SE. Whoo I want so bad. Plus the struts/shocks are perfectly matched up for the spring. I down with doing a group buy :D
If its super streetable your looking for ... Id go with the fk stuff.

And for the price .. id go with the apex kit > eibach stuff any day of the week.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
Eibach pro dampers or Koni adjustables w/ Ground Control coilovers ;)

-P@
I Vtec
edit: personally i think GCs are a waste of money...

lordkingod,Jun 13 2004, 04:57 AM Wrote:Eibach pro dampers or Koni adjustables w/ Ground Control coilovers ;)

-P@
Thatll be too much for what hes looking for.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.