Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brakelight Mods
Hello Everyone! :D

http://www.pbase.com/myfordfocus2/inbox

I have the Euro tail lights and I wanted to know if anyone has tried smoking them out and how it is done?

I would like to do this mod beacuse I think the lights will blend better with the car.
Hedman Header
Hi/Flo Cat
Custom Dual Exhaust (Engine Back - 2.5"Wink
Diablo Chip (re-programmed)
APC Brake Lights are off, back to stock
OEM Aftermarket Zenon Headlights
Wings West BodyKit
FK Automotive Suspension
Front and Rear Camber Kit
17" American Racing XComp Rims
Fuzion ZRi Summer Tires
Speedhut Indiglo Dash
Steeda Shift knob and accsessories switches
JVC Head Unit
12 Disc CD Changer
Bazooka Base Tube
Injen Cold Air Intake
Progress Competition 22mm Swaybar

http://www.pbase.com/myfordfocus2/inbox
I tinted my sedan tails with roll-on tint but, I highly recommend, DO NOT try this method unless you have experience!! It is time consuming, frustrating, and not very easy!!

Niteshade from crappy tire might be a good choice. you just spray it on to the desired level of tint....and if you dont like it you can clean it off and try something different with ease!!

good luck
You can also take off the clear plastic molding from the unit and put the other half in the oven at low low heat and that will take off the silvery stuff (you have to peal it off) then you can paint it smoked ,black, white, what ever color you want....but make sure you tape off the light part......

let me know what you deside to do??????

tyler

p.s....where are you from???
This car is insured by the maffia you hit me they hit you.
Mysterygirl,

I tinted my tail lights on my ZX3 last summer. It was my first time doing such, and they came out really well. About a year later, they still look great, no problems what so ever!!

Here are some steps to follow:
Remove your tail lights from your car (loosen the wingnuts in behind)
Clean them thoroughly. Use Alcohol or any kind of grease removing cleaning product, and do not leave any finger prints on them once theyre clean.
Optional: Tape off any areas that you dont want tinted, use painters masking tape, ie: reverse lights, etc..
Spray light coats of night shades, make sure you cover the entire light from top to bottom in one pass. Let dry for 30 mins between coats. There, you should have nice results after your done.

My other ride is your Mom
I've been thinking about doing this to mine too!

BUT since the light and the reflector stick out i was just going to tape them off and the back up light. Then use a gloss black or colour match spray(since my car is black) instead of the nightshades.

i found the nightshades to have a flat mat kind of finish on my stockers.
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
I have to say that car is the nicest looking white focus I've ever seen!!!