Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duty To Buy A Bomz Off Of Ebay?
Hi all, has anyone purchased a BOMZ CAI off ebay recently?
If so, does anyone remember how much it cost to get these things across the border??
I need to get two of them and don't want to get hammered with huge duty....
Procharger: Removed, and waiting for new host.
Future: Genesis Coupe 2.0t.
:lol:
:P
;)

Thabrat should know....
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Lol...thanks flo...I just don't know if I can wait till yours is up for sale!
Plus...I know I'll HAVE to buy one for the wife...
paulicat,May 21 2004, 02:44 PM Wrote:Lol...thanks flo...I just don't know if I can wait till yours is up for sale!
Plus...I know I'll HAVE to buy one for the wife...
hehhehe no worries...

Thabrat bougth one to....he should have a ruff idea of what it cost him...

Is thebrat a regular here?
Should I pm him instead of continuing with this thread?
paulicat,May 21 2004, 03:03 PM Wrote:Is thebrat a regular here?
He OWNS focuscanada.net.....so yeah I would say hes a regular :lol:
I would double think buying a cheap ebay intake though, IMO. Bomz usually don't fit the best, you'll have to play around with it a bit.....

Why not save up and buy a real intake, like an AEM, VOLANT :D or a STEEDA which is similar to a MAC......
S2 Steeda,May 21 2004, 03:07 PM Wrote:I would double think buying a cheap ebay intake though, IMO. Bomz usually don't fit the best, you'll have to play around with it a bit.....

Why not save up and buy a real intake, like an AEM, VOLANT :D or a STEEDA which is similar to a MAC......
I've had zero issues with my Bombz. Replace the shitty filter that comes with it and your set.

Its funny cuz those AEM intakes brake in the eaxct same place that the some BOMz unit do....so your not really getting better quality for the extra $250.

I had no problems with fitment either. Works like sits designed to. Glad I dint get ripped paying for an AEM.
Yeah I know the filter is crap on those BOMZ, definitely get something else, damn asswipe would work better then what they send you. My friends car, had a bitch of a time getting the CAI to fit but eventually did. It didn't fit as good as some others I have seen.

Typically, sure you will get great performance from the BOMZ, just like the others, but personally, I would rather see "quality" then a BOMZ under my hood. For $30 or whatever they are going for, your getting what you pay for......

Just my opinion, no intention to bash or whatever here, it's all good.... :D
BTW Flofocus, sweet car man, I got the same body kit and mid wing.... very nice!
Flofocus,May 21 2004, 03:04 PM Wrote:
paulicat,May 21 2004, 03:03 PM Wrote:Is thebrat a regular here?
He OWNS focuscanada.net.....so yeah I would say hes a regular :lol:
:lol: :lol: :D :P
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
SO I'm the new guy....still learning everyones nics!!

Like Flofocus said...I've heard they work and fit well, AEM's have been known to break...PLUS I've got to buy 2 of them.....2 AEM and I might as well get another mortagage to pay for them! LOL!! :D

In either case...maybe thebrat will see this post and give me a slight clue as to the duty as the sellers don't seem to know, I figure the only way is to find someone who's already taken the plunge!
There is no duty on us made autoparts. You will have to pay both taxes and usually brokerage fees. Try to avoid UPS and go with US mail or Fedex if you must have them quick. UPS Brokerage fees are outrageous!!!
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
Great thanks for the info...but any idea how they calculate brokerage fees?
Or how to calculate an approximate?
UPS and FedEx both figure out their own brokerage fees they'll charge you, usually around $30 or so. And that doesnt count the GST/PST you'll have to pay on the item.

If they send it USPS (United States Postal Service, not UPS) then you should just have to pay whatever the tax is. That is, if the item is made in the USA.. if it's made in a non-NAFTA country, you'll have to pay ~18.5% duty on importing it to Canada.

And watch those ebay sellers shipping charges.. they can go over double the cost of the item easily. It's the hidden fees that'll make it 4-10x more than the item cost.

My advise is definitely check out the Canadian retailers before ordering from the USA. Maybe check out Cosmo Racing, they usually list stuff on ebay.. they might have decent prices on cheaper intakes on their website.
Actualy the BOMZ cai is awsome. Its the exact same as the AEM. Side by side you cant tell the diff. Both the AEM and BOMZ have shitty mounts and will bust off. If they brake you just go get them re welded back on. With the bombz i do recommend getting a better filter. Me and Focis8nt both have the ebay intake and it was worth the $100.

Note a bypass aem 2.5 bypass vavle will work to if your scared of sucking in water but it require cutting the intake and tis the reason I didnt put it on. Plus for hydrolock the filter needs to be fully submerged in water. Me and focis8nt have both washed are cars many times. I even drove in the rain and no probs. Juts watch out for big puddles and go slow.

There is no comparising with intakes. They are all the same s**t. Its just the piping? Steel is steel and aluminum is aluminum. All same crap. Just the actual filter is the difference. Slap on a K&N filter slap the sticker that comes with it on the intake pipe and BAM. Custom CAI.. Every one is happy :D
As far as shipping. It was on ebay for $24. After shipping and duty I paid around $100. Just watch for the lowest price. When i bought mine they actualy sent me the wrong intake. They sent me a short ram for an SPI. The seller did apologize and got me the right stuff.

Oh and welcome to the site.. Members to watch out for are Paparoach...and nah hes the only one.. :lol:
thabrat,May 22 2004, 02:52 AM Wrote:Oh and welcome to the site.. Members to watch out for are Paparoach...and nah hes the only one.. :lol:
I will neve become an admin....sad thing is I know why :P
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
LOL, you guys are great! Thanks for all the info!
So my take away from this is that the 24-34 USD intake will roughly come out to 100-110 canadian shipped to me...
Thats fair...its certainly better than the aem pricing..specially since I need two :-(

I checked out cosmo, they only have the shorty, they don't list a full cai right now..too bad....

thebrat, do you remember who you bought it from as everyone seems to be $34 and up right now....maybe the price just went up??
Sorry I dont remember at all. Just make sure to check all the sellers history and make sure the buyer is good before making a bid. Find out how much they charge for shipping to..