Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weird things at 3k rpm
well does your focus do this? mine is dtec 2.0 w/ stock exhaust and K&N typhon CAI. I clean my MAF regularly each oil change. it's MTX75 w/ stock everything.

- around 3k rpm it will have flat spot, where it seems that the rpm just hover there and no power at all on small and slow throttle opening? ie when ur trying not to speed on 401.

- if you let go of the gas at around 3k rpm or higher and quickly press it again at 3k it will lurch forward??? like when u just learn standard and the engine buck. seems like 3k rpm is a cutoff for the fuel map changeover on ecu or something... iono what I"m talking about... Sad

- throttle respond is awful and stupid. any fix for this?
(05-26-2010, 12:24 PM)patrick23 Wrote: iono what I"m talking about... Sad

neither do i lol, i know with my car (automatic) if i was cruising along at a certain speed (sometimes 110km/h othertimes at 95km/h) and i floored it, it wouldn't downshift and it'd just slowly start to gain speed within that gear. however now that i got a tune and a different TB that totally fixed the issue Big Grin
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
i have a similar flat spot @ 3k rpm but i believe it to be due to my cat converter being in pieces
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver