Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will I Sound Like A Weed Wacker?
I have a ractive muffler with a 4" tip and a short ram intake, currently I have the resonator still on but if I remove it will it sound like a weed wacker like the little honda's??
YES!

Solution, get rid of the fart can, go buy a nice MBRP system, support the local canadian economy in addition to getting a good product, and rid yourself of a piece of useless RICE.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

yeah, ractive isn't exactly known for quality stuff... see if you can sell it for a profit :P...

on a side note, I saw some kid booting around in a PT Cruiser with a 5" fart can on it. Considering it was angled to clear the stock bumper and all that, it just looked (and sounded) ridiculous.. and not the good kind of ridiculous.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

yes get an mbrp, imo best exhaust out there and their customer service is amazing
zetec crew #200
If you can chop your own wood you will warm yourself twice
Zetec: Its always on
habmann,Mar 19 2009, 12:31 PM Wrote:YES!

Solution, get rid of the fart can, go buy a nice MBRP system, support the local canadian economy in addition to getting a good product, and rid yourself of a piece of useless RICE.
[right][snapback]283026[/snapback][/right]

I second that, I loved my MBRP.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
MBRP FTW. Or any other "real" exhaust system. Sorry man, but Ractive isn't anything except a 7-letter word for "I cheaped out on my exhaust".

I think I had a decent Ractive intake once... or was that a front strut tower bar? Either way... they don't do exhausts, regardless of what's in the box.

Rumour has it MBRP has been engaged about a "new" project... :ph34r:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I agree with the above. Check out the MBRP, last time I was on it you were able to listen to audio of how their system sounds for the Focus.
lol i have 285,000 kms on that car i'm not spending lots of money. Right now it sounds nice has a slight deeper sound just didn't know how it would sound without the resonator