Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Id Like To Go Boosted
hey guys since powerworks and JRSC are getting harder and harder to find, by the time im ready to do this (over next winter) they will be gone. so i decided to procharge.

what is a good beginner kit thats gonna give me alot of power but doesnt break the bank really

i also see these c-1 and c-2 what do those mean

what other things should i consider getting done when im ready to get this kit?

i wana to buy it peice by piece like TB injectors cams cam gears what should i look for in those

im not going to be tracking the car i just want to make it faster i wanna aim for 200hp+

thanks guys all input welcome

p.s im not buying your turbo andrew so dont ask or aNYBODYS TURBO FOR THAT MATTER
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
I guess you should of mentioned you want to go with a supercharger rather than a turbo so you wont hear it from everyone lol...you can also get a tuner kit (not a full kit, needs tune, maf? , injectors, etc) which might be cheaper but it will add up in the end, plus you need a clutch/flywheel as previously discussed,..and a Torsen would fit right in also :lol:

Procharger C-1:
Max Hp 675
Max CFM 1000
Max Impeller Rpm 80,000
Max Boost 24 psi

Procharger C-2:
Max Hp 725
Max CFM 1100
Max Boost 24 psi
Max impeller Rpm 80,000

so its basically an upgrade for power, you dont need cams but if you want to go full out on the motor you could get some, Steeda sells some for about $399.95/pair, but then theres the option of stage1-3 (stg1 mild grind, stg 2 street/strip and stg3 radical grind) ..alot more you can do lol but Id say do it all seperate, dont slap it all together at once, good luck B)
Sean- 1998.5 Black/Blue CSVT #5906

I don't know about c1 or c2 but for these superchargers a TB doesn't add much. Since your forcing through compressed charge. Unlike n/a or roots style blowers. As for cams a pointless upgrade spend the money on better rods and pistons and just up the boost.
i heard TB is a very nice modification for any style of F/I.

for most N/A's its just the throttle responce

Pulicat on here has Procharger on his Zetec....he had to fabricate some tubing....but he did make 190whp/180tq and thats with stock header/cat & flex pipe.

By the way try to go 2.5" for the whole exhaust

oh and i have brand new adjustable cam gears for sale
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Few things too:

Clutch and LSD are necessary as well.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
NikiterZTS,Feb 28 2009, 08:18 PM Wrote:i heard TB is a very nice modification for any style of F/I.

On a turbo or a centri blower your pushing 10-15psi through the TB. Perhaps it may be slightly more efficient in the end theres little to no benefit.

On a roots style, there is a big benefit because it is the inlet so you want to get the air in there with as little work as possible.

While technically your right, its an "OK" upgrade if you can call it that. Your really just going to notice the dynamics of the throttle response to change. When your already at 200hp with just the blower, adding that 1-2 hp with this mod i'm not sure is worth the $100-200.

Same with cams/cam gears in the end if you get cams/gears you'll go and spend probably $800 for the parts then the time to put them in, then probably another couple hundred to tune in the gears. You'll get MAYBE 10HP gains at specific RPM ranges while losing in another.

Pro charger is a damn fine setup, and just bolting that on is probably going to put a smile on your face.

^^aaah gotcha
thanks for explaining

he might still need adj.cam gears just so he can get his stock cams tuned at least
125whp/129wtq
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
thaks for the help guys so basically i should go with a c-1 kit for max perfromance??
so basically the nessecary things are clutch and lsd??? no fuel injectors or anything?? if so whats the best number i should get???
i wanna try and get s much as i can before the procharger so spek up guys spend my money
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
i got dumb question..
root style blower gives you flat torque line..

but centrifugal, it is basically similar to turbo but crank driven..
what is the main reason for going with centrifugal when you can get more boost and more hp/torque from turbo??

i haven't driven one, so i don't know..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
drunkinmonkey,Feb 28 2009, 09:47 PM Wrote:thaks for the help guys so basically i should go with a c-1 kit for max perfromance??
so basically the nessecary  things are  clutch and lsd??? no fuel injectors or anything?? if so whats the best number i should get???
i wanna try and get  s much as i can before the procharger so spek up guys spend my money
[right][snapback]281934[/snapback][/right]

Well I think the new procharger kits come with the C2...42lbs injecters are good enough, you need spark plugs....I heard ford motorcraft ones are good enough.

Me personaly would just get the Procharger kit, upgrade your thermostat, you def. need a tune, spark plugs, and install it.

I wouldn't get anything else untill it goes and then uprade it...I wouldn't do anything to the motor unless your going to Turbo.

I may be wrong on this info....You should talk to Hardkore, Paulicat, and I think Darkpuppet was SC

E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
Tiketz,Mar 1 2009, 01:49 PM Wrote:Well I think the new procharger kits come with the C2...42lbs injecters are good enough, you need spark plugs....I heard ford motorcraft ones are good enough.

im already getting platinumm coated sparkplugs and im getting the yalor 8mm wires..are these good enough....are there better injectors then others or just anytype?
Instagram @o_so_slo
platinumes are a waste of money......thats from personal experience.....

you might wanna consider one step colder plugs
125whp/129wtq
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
NikiterZTS,Mar 1 2009, 07:33 PM Wrote:you might wanna consider one step colder plugs
[right][snapback]281949[/snapback][/right]

mhmm...n00b here remember....

im also on another forum with the same questions kinda..there trying to talk me into a starter turbo kit...are they along the same lines of a procharger... well i know there not the same ones belt driven and blah blah but arnt turbos more work to get them to work properly and such
Instagram @o_so_slo
The best plugs for boost are AZFS22C Ford Plugs. These are a must for boost, and VERY cheap.

If your buying your own injectors Siemens Deka 60# injectors are what I have and they work good. Sometimes you can find 42# Bosch style injectors at a good price and thats what most people run.

You'll want a decent quality boost gauge and a wideband. Innovate LC-1 wideband is one of the most accurate and allows you to re-calibrate the sensor and you don't need to buy special sensors (like AEM UEGO).

Id highly recommend getting the full procharger kit and not the tuner kit, and that should come with injectors and everything you need.
hardk0re,Mar 1 2009, 07:59 PM Wrote:The best plugs for boost are AZFS22C Ford Plugs.  These are a must for boost, and VERY cheap.

If your buying your own injectors Siemens Deka 60# injectors are what I have and they work good.  Sometimes you can find 42# Bosch style injectors at a good price and thats what most people run.

You'll want a decent quality boost gauge and a wideband.  Innovate LC-1 wideband is one of the most accurate and allows you to re-calibrate the sensor and you don't need to buy special sensors (like AEM UEGO).

Id highly recommend getting the full procharger kit and not the tuner kit, and that should come with injectors and everything you need.
[right][snapback]281953[/snapback][/right]

does the full kit com ewith a font mounted intercooler i really dont want the under car mounted one

and thanks for your information i appreciate it
Instagram @o_so_slo
IIRC it comes with the under car intercooler. Its actually not that bad for cooling, I do think a up front cooler would be slightly better. It still should cool the charge enough.
Considering your motor is reaching the 200,000 km mark I suggest you freshen up the motor and with the costs of doing that you might aswell just buy mine its built for boost and well last 10X what your current motor will. If you interested in a turbo kit I have mine for sale everything included but the turbo which you can bolt up any T3/T4 style turbo up to. Trust me look around Parts and labour arn't cheap and you will blow your motor It cost me almost $10,000 to get my focus back on the road after I blew mine So think about it and check out my sale and ill throw in the steeda shift knob lol
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
If the motor blows it costs $300-500 for another one. My cars been running ~ 200whp without any issues on stock internals.

But sheesh yeah at 200K, you may just want to check your compression before starting this.
plus remove and replace your looking at atleast $2000 Total each time you blow that thing twice and you way over the costs of purchasing a built motor to handle the power
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Unless your clutch is ready to go soon, you don't need a clutch.
LSD is obviously a nice to have, but the prochargers are not torque monsters like turbos.
I had a new clutch put in my '03 just before warranty expired (covered) and have no issues with any slippage at all.
With good rubber you'll hook up really nice, one tire burnouts are inevitable, but they are not overwhelming.
You WILL however have to replace your transmission mount to urethane bushings.
It is VERY simple to convert the procharger kit to a front mount intercooler. If you need details, just ask.
On the whole, the end result was very satisfying. The Procharger is a very simple yet effective boost upgrade for Foci.
Cheers and good luck with your project!
Procharger: Removed, and waiting for new host.
Future: Genesis Coupe 2.0t.