Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exhaust, what should i..??
using pictures from fswerks for reference.
[Image: 25exhaust.jpg]

i had mbrp 2.5" catback made for svt on my kona with svt exhaust conversion and i removed muffler->rear pipe w/tip but i cannot take off front section where resonator is.
i am putting back onto white one.

spent enough time at parking lot to remove this thing and i gave up.

what should i do now?
should i buy straight pipe
[Image: sm-race.JPG]

or with resonator in it
[Image: sm-stealth.JPG]

but will this fit onto mbrp exhaust?
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Hey Leo... I think we may have an extra front pipe with resonator hanging around?
we...??
oh yeah, you are working for mbrp right? nice nice
can you please look for it and let me know how much it is going to cost?

and is it 2.5" or 2.25"?
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Oooo I think it's only 2.25... Wife is texting boss lady now lol!
I'll have to find out tomorrow from our csr... He'll know for sure, but they think we sold it at the flea market in June.... I know we have ome upstairs just in a random box... I'll find out tomorrow!!!
thank you.
Angle Grinder is your friend....should take under 10 minutes to pull the back exhaust off if its already jacked up and you have an angle grinder Smile
that sonly apply to you
i dont have garage, no access to power outlet

if i had garage, i can use my impact gun.
18v sawzall?

Just cut it off and have exhaust shop put on a new flange...
i dont have sawzall..
(07-14-2011, 11:28 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: Oooo I think it's only 2.25... Wife is texting boss lady now lol!
I'll have to find out tomorrow from our csr... He'll know for sure, but they think we sold it at the flea market in June.... I know we have ome upstairs just in a random box... I'll find out tomorrow!!!

hi did u get a chance to look for front section?
if not, i will have to order one from fs or cfm but i wouldnt expect it to be interchangable without modifying it a bit.
I have a sawzall Leo. You can borrow it if you need it. It's electric so you'll need power.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Bah sorry Leo... The system that had the front piece was sold at the flea market... Sorry bout that! the fswerks front pipe you'll hopefully only have to cut it down... It'd be a pain if they were shorter.
(07-16-2011, 10:31 PM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: I have a sawzall Leo. You can borrow it if you need it. It's electric so you'll need power.

thanks but nah, i dont have power cord access to...
i will probably have to buy hand saw with some good metal blade and have fun get rid of 1000 calories i just had.
(07-17-2011, 12:43 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: Bah sorry Leo... The system that had the front piece was sold at the flea market... Sorry bout that! the fswerks front pipe you'll hopefully only have to cut it down... It'd be a pain if they were shorter.

yeah i gotta measure how long mbrp is and contact fswerks if i fail cutting pipe using hand saw.
thank u for looking up for me.
I'm guessing you can't unbolt the header/exhaust manifold from the engine and drop or pull the whole front section out attached? Or that this project is roadworthy, to drive somewhere you could cut it other then in a parking lot? It pains me to think of someone using a handsaw.
car is not drivable, if car was drivable, i could drive to the shop i work at, they have air compressor i can use.
get a battery operated sawzall
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
Get an air-pig, fill it up with the compressor?
got the measurement and it was 43" long but fswerks is only 30".

which exhaust shop do you guys recommend to get 13" extended?

ahh nevermind, i am going to ask cfm if they can do.
(07-21-2011, 08:56 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: got the measurement and it was 43" long but fswerks is only 30".

which exhaust shop do you guys recommend to get 13" extended?

ahh nevermind, i am going to ask cfm if they can do.

Try http://www.zoromuffler.com/
They are in Mississauga just west of Dundas and Dixie. They welded in my resonator and noticed that my flex was cracked and welded in a new flex section. I am sure that the can accomodate you.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
hey leo, i can possibly lend you a battery powered sawzall as i have a couple, you would just need to buy a blade for a few bucks at CT or HD. you can also extend the exhaust yourself, just get yourself a pipe expander from princess auto, get a chunk of pipe from CT for 10$ and 2 clamps. assuming your going with 2.5" it will be fairly easy to do. CT and PS have up to 2.5" pipe and just expand the ends to slide over what you have already. if you can get the old exhaust off the car and need help doing this job, i can always lend you a hand if you feel like driving and buying me some food for the work as well.

2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily