Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tranny Mounts
What are the options, and who from?

One of mine is bad, can't remember which one it was.

Are poly's a good idea?
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
rear dogbone=good idea.

For the passenger and drivers side, if you do just one you get bad vibrations, by doing both you get vibrations, not as bad as just doing one tho.

Still I prefer doing just the rear dogbone poly, for the other 2 the stock mounts are sufficient.
I've got a question about the pass. Side motor mount... Is the middle part supposed to be soft? I mean squishy... Like I can push in on the rubber part in the middle and I don't feel any resistance? Any thoughts there guys?
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
i got a VF engineering one. Its great but I hear they break. I believe Massive makes an unbreakable one, more popular.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
oh yeah stock rear mount w/ bushings.... can't beat it for under $20. I've never heard of those breaking Smile
I've got the massive inserts in my dogbone... You feel it a lot more one the cold mornings we had a week or so ago... Very vibratey up till 2500 rpms... But I also think my pass motor mount is shot so that could be more of the vibs I'm feeling
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
what about engine mounts? which one of those are worth doing? Might as well only pay shipping once.

also massive's mounts aren't unbreakable. if not there's at least one recorded failure :p
If your doing mounts, unless you plan on having a race car, i would only do the rear mount. I have so far only done that and other mounts have been perfect. im planning on upgrading my driver and pass. side mounts in the near future, but only for the reason that my others will likely start wearing out
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
well besides being my DD the focus will also see track duty all summer long (gunna try lapping this summer too!!) so yes to mounts because race car?
just do the rear mount unless you really like vibrations lol
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
(01-26-2012, 05:43 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: just do the rear mount unless you really like vibrations lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCeD_6Y3GQc

I don't mind em too much, can't be any worse than when I've got the subs going or when I'm cruising. I'd imagine you only really feel it at idle.
^^^ Forum software major fail
i had rear mount on kona and there was close to none vibration.

but this time i got 3 mounts, if you want to know or find out how bad vibration is going to be, you will have to wait another 2 months, lol
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
(01-24-2012, 10:50 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: I've got a question about the pass. Side motor mount... Is the middle part supposed to be soft? I mean squishy... Like I can push in on the rubber part in the middle and I don't feel any resistance? Any thoughts there guys?

Hi,

The middle part is squishy, but you should not be able to push without resistance. When I checked mine, I could actually push until I felt the metal surface at the bottom. It needed to be replaced.

Not a bad job, but a little harder than the online video made it look (harder to get everything aligned). Oh, plus that fact that the nuts on the motor end were 18 mm, not 19 mm as claimed. Had to go find an 18 mm socket (not part of most basic sets)

Bob the Duck Canuck
It's the upper tranny mount. We were just looking at it from an odd angle, which is what threw me off.

So anyway, poly upper mount??