Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Turbo Install Started!!!
So, had a late day at work today and didn't get as much tear-down done as I'd like to... Got stuck with header bolt (my own dumb ass fault, I was tightening it at first lol and stripped it with a wrench Confused durrr) but got it off with a socket thankfully... So... Headlights out, splash guard off, bumper off, exhaust manifold half removed. Should be able to get everything off by noon then start installing after lunch.
Couple pics
[Image: 2179d8f5.jpg]

[Image: 829e9f26.jpg]
Crash foam is off as well
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
Nice....

In Europe FORD is pronounced "\kwa-le-te\"

2008 f250 6.4 powerstroke/twin turbo/crew cab/XLT/4x4 Edge programmer, Cat and Dpf delete, mbrp exhaust. 650hp 850ft/tq.....
2002 red SVT sport'in European Appearance package rims, AEM cai, #4111 of 4788, ranger 12v plug cover, 4500k HID HI/LO, eibach springs, H&R 15mm wheel spacers. sold Sad
2000 yellow zx3 sold
1994 mazda mx3 sold
1992 ford festiva (RIP)
Anyone know how the fuel cutoff switch works? Once you press it, how do you get it back up?
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
You think you are qualified for this job you nut stripping rookie. LMAO.

Best of luck on the install. I'll be reading your updates.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
subscribed
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Lol... Just Goin out now this morning... Finish taking header out, battery, intake, and other random stuff...
Still trying to either figure out which fuse is the fuel pump fuse, or how the fuel cut off works. HELP!!
Never mind... Figured out the fuel pump motor fuse..
Header out
[Image: bcef6067.jpg]
Pretty empty engine bay... Doin a little tuck of the mess-o-wires...
[Image: 8424bafa.jpg]
[Image: 1b5951cc.jpg]

Mother fing thunder just rolled in in like 5 minutes Confused... Starting to rain... Covered the engine up in a tarp... Frustrating rain!
(03-18-2012, 01:32 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: Mother fing thunder just rolled in in like 5 minutes Confused... Starting to rain... Covered the engine up in a tarp... Frustrating rain!

You mean Martin didn't invite you to use the Garage?
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Haha.. It's not even worth asking... Anyways, got the Manifold and turbo on, new oil filter holder with T for oil feed on, spliced in my IAT sensor, got my aem wideband ran through the firewall, f**ked up my boost gauge pressure line, temporarily fixed the line... And now I'm just cleaning up around the injectors before I pull them out, then it's on to the charge piping and down pipe...
Coming along very nicely... Not taking many more pics, waste of time.... If theres anything you wanna check out let me know and I can take a couple quick shots...
Post some pics of the piping and where it routes please. Big Grin
When I get it all in I will... Just gotta go get some bolts for the down pipe to exhaust, the downpipe holes are a lot narrower...
Coming along though... Hot side charge pipes are all in... Intake pipes in, talk about moving a bunch of s**t around lol... Just waiting for my drill to charge some more to get the holes drilled for the FMIC... Should have the charge piping and FMIC all done tonight...
don't forget to make a heat shield for your alternator. If you can as well, now is the time to heat wrap the manifold and downpipe of the turbo.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Manifold and downpipe are ceramic coated, downpipe is wrapped, turbo has a heat shield... Good to go... Little setback though... Gotta change my a/c condenser... Drill fell off the crash bar and poked a hole in one of the tubes... Not good... Gonna pull the a/c fuse till my new condenser arrives... Should be fine
Ac is overrated lol
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
agreed the sean lol.
05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha
Yea, but I really don't feel like tearing everything out lol.. Think I can run it without the fuse? I don't want the compressor to run with the damaged condenser??
IC is mounted, all the pipings ran, bypass valve is all hooked up, vacuum lines all connected, heat shielding all in place, oil feed and return all connected, downpipe all secured, wideband and both o2 sensors connected... Just need to clean up around the injectors before I pull them, install new injectors, install MAFia, install 3"Maf and filter, fill with oil, check to make sure everything is reconnected, reinstall battery and install base tune
Injectors are in, spark plugs are in and gapped to .035, Maf and MAFia in, air filter on, checked to make sure all the connectors I unhooked are reconnected, checked torque of all bolts, checked for randomly placed tools (lol NA habit I have), I think I'm ready to go, just need to fill with oil, and load my bass tune from Fernando... I'm a little nervous now lol... Feel pretty confident though...
Couple crappy cell pics... Hope u can see the piping castone...

[Image: df31ee15.jpg]

[Image: 79672b44.jpg]

[Image: 4286030a.jpg]

[Image: cd57ce1e.jpg]

[Image: f59e8e07.jpg]

[Image: 66b69c8f.jpg]

[Image: 2d4945fa.jpg]

Hope that Fram comes off 2....just sayin Tongue
What size is your ic pipe? Looks like 2.25"
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Likely 2" like mine is. Compressor outlet is only 2" so for the power it makes you don't need more flow unless you are running more power and other add on's
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upcoming turbo install question(s) MuskokaZX3 6 3,231 03-11-2012, 04:51 AM
Last Post: MuskokaZX3
  Turbo Install Question Ignited83 6 2,841 12-09-2008, 04:00 AM
Last Post: ZX3_2NV