Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhaust replacement 05 ZX4 ST
Hello,

I'm new to the focuscanada forum. I've been a member of the focusfanatics forum for quite awhile but figured I'd be better off posting my question here.

I think I have an exhaust leak (I'm actually positive I do). I want to replace my system with an FSwerks Stealth Performance Exhaust System. I also want to replace my intake with a Steeda short intake.
I understand that the stock ST exhaust system has 2 catalytic converters. I'm not quite sure if I can replace the stock exhaust system with the system mentioned above, and still be street legal?
From what I understand from the FSwerks site (http://www.fswerks.com/exhaust.htm), the Stealth exhaust system comes with only 1 catalytic converter (the race version comes with none).
Would I still pass e-testing when I throw one of those stealth systems under my car?

If anyone has experience with this and could help me answer my question that would be great!
Thanks
(btw. I live in Ontario)
Hey, so from what I know...
FS actually deletes ur undercarriage CAT and the stealth just provides a resonator to reduce sound.
Your leak is probably on your exhaust manifold. Possibly @ your flex pipe or at the joining point if you have a 2 piece Mani.
Either way, that one CAT on the mani won't handle all the gasses for emissions. So you would need to have the exhaust cut before ur 2nd cat if you wish to run legit. Or just run headers and install a new proper cat below like I have.

If you need a spare exhaust manifold due to damage I have one for sale.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car