Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tapping oil line for turbo
Hey guys, my builds getting closer to being complete and I still have not tapped an oil drain line for my turbo. I've done research and its really all over the place, some people say just tap the oil pan...and others say go for the block skirt (windage trey).

so I need some help please! wanna get it done this week.
05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha
I like the windage tray if your turbo is hi enough. In some cases the turbo sits too low and the oil pan is the only choice.
Mine sits fairly high so windage trey sounds good. now where abouts on the windage tray should I tap? I seen some people tap it right over the pan but then there line has to cross over the downpipe. wouldnt it be easier just to tap right close to where the turbo sits? if you get what I mean...lol
05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha
I went threw the oil pan. I believe mine is a nice -10 fitting. Nice big free flow drain
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo