Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over heating?
Hey guys so I was out yesterday and the first time I noticed my coolant gauge was buried in the red so I freaked out and pulled over and cranked the heat inside the car, and after awhile the needle dropped. This was the case twice more that day but not getting as hot.

Would this be the case of the t stat not opening?
And also I was thinking of getting the cfm revised housing. Any comments for that?
red 00' zx3 daily driven

I have a little stock pile building of extra parts building, MSG if you need anything

id say deff tstat
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
I would check the coolant levels and the t-stat for sure.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

and also, when car reaches operating temperature, hold coolant hose and feel if there is pulse or anything.
If there isn't any, thermostat is stuck closed to overheat an engine.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heating Controls blackzx5 5 1,919 01-11-2010, 02:18 AM
Last Post: blackzx5