Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuning
I need to find a good shop that can tune my car with out blowing it up I 'm building my motor as we speak .

thanks for ur help.
B&G coilovers, Kamakazi headers,focus sport exhaust, 2.5 custom flex pipe, 18" oz rims, 65mm throtle body,ZX3 tuning custom cams,powerworks SC,spec 3 clutch,clutchnet 11lb flywheel,Eibach swaybar package,fs front lower stress bar,fs rear strees bar,svt big brake kit,quife diff,4.06 gears.(2012 plans FR head, 19lb boost & full engine rebuild) Good bye Escape hello 2012 focusBig Grin
Dasilva.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Oscar The Grouch,Dec 7 2008, 07:28 PM Wrote:Dasilva.
[right][snapback]277807[/snapback][/right]

I'm not entirely confident in their abilities. I would have to say Steeda over Dasilva where the focus is concerned.

I had a custom dyno tune done there, in hopes that a hands on approach could beat focussports remote tuning. I lost 10hp on the dyno and the car stalled at every light. Simple things randy could adjust for like a 7lb flywheel threw them off.
Unfortunately, people have had mixed results between dasilva and steeda.

ZX32NV has had immense success with dasilva. However, they didn't do so well with Hardkore's car, and my old car (the kid managed to blow the engine between the dealership and dasilva).

However, we also remember all the drama with steeda and brookszx3 (IIRC)... and things didn't look any shinier. I believe they did some work on a couple of cars, and from what I could see, the results were mixed as well.

The thing is that both places are more than capable -- but sometimes tuners get stuck in certain ruts. Keep your eyes and ears open for the more common 'tuning traps', such as calibrated MAFs and Injectors... and making sure that your A/F stays nice and safe (aim for about 12.1, 11.9 to be safe).

And make sure you go back and forth with other people who've done or had tuning done to get their inputs.

Getting a reliable tune unfortunately requires a lot of time and effort on your part since you can't truly trust any tuner who won't pay for their mistakes (including blown engines).
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I have tuned at both shops before I would suggest Steeda.ca for a custom setup or reliability but DaSilav usally excels at custom tunes on simple bolt ons and turbo kits as long as its simple
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]