Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Now?
Prime Minister Stephen Harper will be in Windsor tomorrow to announce a Financial aid package to Ford to re-open the Essex engine plant. Forgive me for being cynical, but I smell an election coming. Why couldn't he have done this before the plant closed?
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Its election time. What do you expect?
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Oscar The Grouch,Sep 3 2008, 01:08 PM Wrote:Its election time.  What do you expect?
[right][snapback]271532[/snapback][/right]
So, if we don't vote for Mr. Harper, all our Ford friends will be mad at us?
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
It's politics...........and we put up with it.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
oldeguy,Sep 3 2008, 02:04 PM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Sep 3 2008, 01:08 PM Wrote:Its election time.  What do you expect?
[right][snapback]271532[/snapback][/right]
So, if we don't vote for Mr. Harper, all our Ford friends will be mad at us?
[right][snapback]271537[/snapback][/right]

:hi: to the world of politics!
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
oldeguy,Sep 3 2008, 12:37 PM Wrote:Prime Minister Stephen Harper will be in Windsor tomorrow to announce a Financial aid package to Ford to re-open the Essex engine plant. Forgive me for being cynical, but I smell an election coming. Why couldn't he have done this before the plant closed?
[right][snapback]271528[/snapback][/right]

I'm not a huge fan of the Liberals (used to be, but now I'm almost apathetic to politics)... but f*** Harper! Or is that BUTTf*** Harper!! :angry:

I seriously hope that NO ONE that works at that plant votes for him on what has to be the most paper-thin ploy I've heard of yet. That's just disgusting and disgraceful.

I hope those guys get their jobs back AND thumb their noses at Harper. What a jackass.

Hey Steveo! When's the new Diefenbaker icebreaker going to be ready? 10 years? That's great, I'm sure we can claw back a little bit of our soverign territory by then.

What about some cold-weather troops, gear and vehicles in the meantime (instead of one measly exercise and then drastically reduced numbers) if you're so concerned? Oh yeah, you're only SO concerned till you're re-elected and then it's a waiting game as Russia and the rest swoop in and claim our territory up there. Great idea. :rolleyes:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.