Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rotors For 05 Zx5....wtf?
So my g/f needs her rotors and pads replaced and instead of paying almost $500 at the shop, i told her to buy them and i'll install them with my buddy. First thing is, ive never worked on a focus and apparently i need a special tool to take the pads out...can i rent one of these from crappy tire? Also, we called crappy tire for a price of rotors and they said they are "discontinued"...wtf?? its an 05! So we called around to partssource and a few other places and apparently these rotors arent easy or CHEAP to get....what is going on. I live in the hamilton-burlington area so if anyone knows a place to grab good rotors and pads and a good price..please let me know!
The only rotors that could be sourced for my 05 were through Ford, costing me just over $100 a piece. And as far as I know, the brake pads do not require any special tools for removal...
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Just get the old rotors machined back to true.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
http://www.powerslot.com/pages/slot_app_ford.html

better then the stock ones and are around $100 a pop
Brembo blanks for the 05 should be fairly easy to obtain as they didn't change the suspension and rolling gear on the 1.5 gens till 06. Just get the 00-04 stuff - I do believe they're all the same. I'm open to corrections from 05-06 owners, tho. I do know the 07s had the largest stock Foci discs up front (except for the 07 ST, which were bigger again). Of course, that excludes the SVTs.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
All the usual parts stores carry rotors for the '05 focus. I have an '05 ST and Maslack, Partsource, Carquest all carried them for my car. They didn't have them in stock though but could have them in a day.
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 13 2008, 10:55 AM Wrote:Brembo blanks for the 05 should be fairly easy to obtain as they didn't change the suspension and rolling gear on the 1.5 gens till 06. Just get the 00-04 stuff - I do believe they're all the same. I'm open to corrections from 05-06 owners, tho. I do know the 07s had the largest stock Foci discs up front (except for the 07 ST, which were bigger again). Of course, that excludes the SVTs.
[right][snapback]268580[/snapback][/right]
Adam ... the new g/f obviously has you somewhat distracted :rolleyes: ... basically no ... nothing from 00-04 will fit the 05+.

With the 05 model year the Focus got bigger front brakes - all of them including the lowest SE up to the ST have the same front rotors - the ST of course got the rear discs ... unlike the suspension, however, there was no "early" and "late" 2005 when it comes to the brakes - it was an absolute changeover with the model year, and AFAIK the fronts have remained the same from 05 up to now.

The 05+ rotors aren't quite as large in diameter as the SVT, but pretty close ... however the spindle is the same as the SVT, which means we can bolt on SVT rotors and calipers if we want, but you have to do them both.

BTW - for all 2005 to 2007 Focus models (2.0 and 2.3) the Motorcraft part for front rotors is BRR135.

Good luck finding your rotors - if you're still having trouble let me know and I'll get you some next time I'm in the states ... probably this week.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Oy, thanks for the clarification Ken.

I haven't played with Focus-spec parts in a while. It's startin to show, eh? :o

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
thanks! you guys are great!!
found a set at carquest for $60 a rotor. Parts source and napa also have them but alot for expensive. But Carquest also has a set of "economical" rotors for $47 bucks...any idea what the difference might be?
shogun99,Jul 14 2008, 10:07 PM Wrote:thanks! you guys are great!!
found a set at carquest for $60 a rotor. Parts source and napa also have them but alot for expensive. But Carquest also has a set of "economical" rotors for $47 bucks...any idea what the difference might be?
[right][snapback]268737[/snapback][/right]

Personally I'd get the "proper" set. In my opinion it's worth it to pay a bit more for peace of mind, especially as regards your brakes.