• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can We Get One?
link, I hope
Sorry
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
oh I hope so I want one in black or a really nice blue :)
I want it, but theres no way I can have it :(
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
wow(except spoiler)..if this comes in, i am buying it..
or..

08 sti..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
konafocuswrc,Jun 13 2008, 03:25 AM Wrote:08 sti..
[right][snapback]266740[/snapback][/right]

:D
that i the nicest car i have ever seen. ill take one in that green, it looks hot!! we better be getting the rs in 2010/11
zetec crew #200
If you can chop your own wood you will warm yourself twice
Zetec: Its always on
Now, the next question is, how much will you pay? The most simplistic cost estimate is to look at the price of a Focus in the UK, and double it, to start, for over here. I think we'ed be looking at $40,000.00. So, all you young guys, stay in school, get a really good paying job, and start saving.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
oldeguy,Jun 13 2008, 01:28 PM Wrote:Now, the next question is, how much will you pay?
[right][snapback]266761[/snapback][/right]

if its not decontented from the UK version and built in the same place that builds the UK version i'd pay like $25k for it. if built by the ppl who built my '00 Zx3.. $19k

i can't justify more than $25k b/c my favorite awd/turbo car is $33k
Is there anything other than the bumpers holding us back from just importing them are selves like can some one buy one of these car normal lhd and bring it here and drive it?
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
oldeguy,Jun 13 2008, 01:28 PM Wrote:Now, the next question is, how much will you pay? The most simplistic cost estimate is to look at the price of a Focus in the UK, and double it, to start, for over here. I think we'ed be looking at $40,000.00. So, all you young guys, stay in school, get a really good paying job, and start saving.
[right][snapback]266761[/snapback][/right]

no one will be paying $40k for a Focus RS in North America, and you cannot base a future price on that car by just doubling the amount that the people in the UK will pay. Overall pricing strategies in Europe are dramatically different than the pricing strategies in North America. I really wish people would stop thinking about the price over there for a car, and making up some imaginary price that it would cost over here.
'03 Focus SVT
FocusGuy7476,Jun 16 2008, 04:11 PM Wrote:making up some imaginary price that it would cost over here.
[right][snapback]266943[/snapback][/right]

estimating the price of a launch product based on in-market competitive products is pretty standard practice... i think it is totally valid to estimate focus RS pricing based on mazdaspeed3, wrx, sti, evo pricing

the reason the car doesn't come over is likely that fomoco does that pricing exercise and realizes the north american market won't pay a price that will give them the ROI they want

that said.. if i was fomoco.. i'd decontent the non essential items and import a couple of hundred as long as it is cash flow positive to throw a bone to rabid ford fans
FocusGuy7476,Jun 16 2008, 12:11 PM Wrote:no one will be paying $40k for a Focus RS in North America, and you cannot base a future price on that car by just doubling the amount that the people in the UK will pay. Overall pricing strategies in Europe are dramatically different than the pricing strategies in North America. I really wish people would stop thinking about the price over there for a car, and making up some imaginary price that it would cost over here.
[right][snapback]266943[/snapback][/right]

He did say he was taking a simplistic approach to the pricing ... but nonetheless; making a distinction between MSRP and transaction price, and looking at the closest available VW and Volvo models available here now, it is not stretching the imagination to think that a Focus RS would be 40 large in Canada ... even the ST would be well over 30.

Your comments about the different markets are valid ... but unfortunately because the potential volume for RS is likely much higher in Europe than it is here, that would have the effect of putting upward pressure on pricing ... or more likely, eliminate the possibility a Focus RS comes our way.

Your bottom line IMO is correct ... no one would pay 40k for a Focus RS in NA - but I also don't see it being feasible for much less than that from Ford Canada's perspective.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *