Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Couple Newbie Questions...
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a couple items for my Focus. I drive a liquid grey Focus S2 that I've put a lot of time into over the last month to get it running properly. Now that the car is pretty much mechanically perfect I want to work on aspects of it that I want to improve.

First off I'd like to slap on an SVT suspension kit (I think it's plenty low with that kit)... what are some Canadian sources where I can buy it? Or is it worth it to pick it up from Tousley Ford (They quoted me $250 plus shipping - then obviously I would be dealing with duty which isn't much because they ship USPS)?

I'm also looking for a carbon fibre hood... my stock hood is rusted both at the front and rear of the hood, it also has a couple dent in it along the passenger side edge. Right now I have a bug deflector covering up most of the ugly but I really don't like the look of the deflector.

Thanks for your help! I'm still trying to find sources for things... the Focus world is pretty new to me!

Steve
Steve
1999 ZX2| MX3 H&Rs | S/R Tokicos | 21mm RSB | ES Bushings | HotShot CAI | Knocker mod | MSD Coil & 8.5mm Wires | SCT | B&M SS | SpeedHut Gauges | 16" BSA 303s

Coming soon: FR UDP | Pacesetter Shorty Header

Less is more... "Simplify and add lightness"

Click Here to E-mail Me!

Click here for my eBay auctions
Google Campbell Ford in Otawa for SVT / Ford Racing stuff.

Carbon Fibre ges a little dicey. Check with Hardk0re or SL8RZZX3, I know they've dealt in CF stuff a fair amount before.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,May 23 2008, 10:25 AM Wrote:Google Campbell Ford in Otawa for SVT / Ford Racing stuff.

Carbon Fibre ges a little dicey. Check with Hardk0re or SL8RZZX3, I know they've dealt in CF stuff a fair amount before.
[right][snapback]264943[/snapback][/right]

Campbell Ford wants $350 for the SVT kit plus tax and shipping... so far Tousley is a much better deal (no tax, cheaper shipping, and duty is cheap).
Steve
1999 ZX2| MX3 H&Rs | S/R Tokicos | 21mm RSB | ES Bushings | HotShot CAI | Knocker mod | MSD Coil & 8.5mm Wires | SCT | B&M SS | SpeedHut Gauges | 16" BSA 303s

Click Here to E-mail Me!

its hard to beat that dealership in some aspects, this being one of them. you can also check out steeda.ca they sell a lot of focus stuff as well.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
Unless you plan on smuggling the parts across yourself, you will always pay both PST and GST on stuff that's imported - doesn't matter how it's shipped; USPS, Fedex, UPS, or bring it back yourself - the government always gets theirs.

And depending on where the product was manufacturered you may also have to pay duty when importing via USPS or a courier - anywhere from 6 to 11% - but no duty on stuff made in USA or Mexico.

lowblackdub,May 23 2008, 10:53 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,May 23 2008, 10:25 AM Wrote:Google Campbell Ford in Otawa for SVT / Ford Racing stuff.

[right][snapback]264943[/snapback][/right]

Campbell Ford wants $350 for the SVT kit plus tax and shipping... so far Tousley is a much better deal (no tax, cheaper shipping, and duty is cheap).
[right][snapback]264945[/snapback][/right]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
ZTWsquared,May 23 2008, 11:53 AM Wrote:Unless you plan on smuggling the parts across yourself, you will always pay both PST and GST on stuff that's imported - doesn't matter how it's shipped; USPS, Fedex, UPS, or bring it back yourself - the government always gets theirs.

Yeah, I'm aware of taxes and duty... what I'm afraid of are the ridiculous brokerage charges that UPS charges. I don't mind paying tax and duty, but the extortion that UPS goes into - I want to avoid that.
Steve

Click Here to E-mail Me!

Suspension try DaSilva Racing talk to Matt (416) 847 1500
Carbon Fiber hood do a lil reasearch on what type or OEM style and call Rick from Garage16 at (416) 895 2156 and he will call to of his carbon fiber dealers and call u back with the best price possible
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
250 for the SVT set up is a good deal... If its the complete package i'd say go for it
Professional Certified Nut Case...
Is this a daily driver? I LOVE the look of carbon fibre, BUT make sure you get a reputable brand. And even then you're still running the risk of fitament issues. It really depends if you can live with minor stuff, like the edges of the hood dipping down below the fenders. I also got nervous on the highway(s), it would bounce up and down up by the windshield, even tho i knew it was on solid and wasn't going anywhere LOL
And that was with my VIS hood, which now sits beautifully on Hardk0re's s/c'd S2
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie Wagon Questions lowblackdub 7 2,599 09-17-2007, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Drivesthebeast