Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2000-2005 Svt Suspension Kit
I'm in the market for new shocks/springs, and front sway bar bushing for my 03 focus SE. The car has 190k and I think it's time to improve ride quality while also fixing the front end clunk.

You can buy a SVT Suspension kit in the states for just under $300USD but the kit is for 2000-2005, ZX3, ZX4 and ZX5 models.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Ford%20Racing/397/M-...10002/-1?CT=999

Does anyone know if this will work on an 03 SE?

Cheers,

Richard
03' Focus SE

"Know, think, choose, do." Orson Scott Card
I believe it will fit everything 00-05 except the wagon.

With customs, shipping and exchange its probably cheaper to just buy the kit in Milton from Steeda.
Steeda.ca

As for your front end clunk check out your sway bar end-links, that's usually the number one cause of noise in the front of a focus.
I suggest try C-F-M or Touseley Ford (see focaljet sponsors).

I've ordered lots of stuff from CFM and they ship via USPS (little or no brokerage fees and cheap shipping).
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Steeda.ca wants $365 for the kit, seems like a fair price for quality parts.

Does anyone run Eibach struts/shocks or KYB/Koni/etc?

I'm leaning towards the SVT kit due to price vs. performance and ride quality. I'm not into radically changing my ride height, i'd be looking for a 1" drop max...
03' Focus SE

I had KYB they were awsome and decently priced I have my whole suspesion set up for sale for $200 if your interested check out my for sale thread the link is in my signature.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
ZX3_2NV,Jan 18 2010, 11:40 AM Wrote:I had KYB they were awsome and decently priced I have my whole suspesion set up for sale for $200 if your interested check out my for sale thread the link is in my signature.
[right][snapback]299731[/snapback][/right]

Great price for a complete setup, how old are the struts/shocks, any leaks?

What are the spring rates, are the springs cut?
03' Focus SE

roast,Jan 18 2010, 12:27 AM Wrote:I'm in the market for new shocks/springs, and front sway bar bushing for my 03 focus SE. The car has 190k and I think it's time to improve ride quality while also fixing the front end clunk.

You can buy a SVT Suspension kit in the states for just under $300USD but the kit is for 2000-2005, ZX3, ZX4 and ZX5 models.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Ford%20Racing/397/M-...10002/-1?CT=999

Does anyone know if this will work on an 03 SE?

Cheers,

Richard
[right][snapback]299712[/snapback][/right]

I would ask Benzin about this , I know he got a new set of SVT suspension from the US , at a very good price , shipped to his place in Mississauga .
Also check with Ken (ZTWsquared) on this forum. Great guy for getting parts from the USA.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
I ran the SVT kit in my '05 ZX4 sedan, no issues and it really was night & day over the stoock suspension (Even the SES suspension I had was marshmallow on a cloud compared to the SVT kit)

Another option to price compare would be Dixie Ford through their new storefront for parts:

Dixie Ford Speed Shop

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jan 18 2010, 12:17 PM Wrote:I ran the SVT kit in my '05 ZX4 sedan, no issues and it really was night & day over the stoock suspension (Even the SES suspension I had was marshmallow on a cloud compared to the SVT kit)

Another option to price compare would be Dixie Ford through their new storefront for parts:

Dixie Ford Speed Shop

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]299740[/snapback][/right]

NefCanuck, good to hear you liked the SVT suspension kit.

I checked Dixie's site and they didn't have the kit online... The performance store parts guy isn't in today so I can't get a quote...
03' Focus SE

well the other option over SVT is the European ST suspension like I got in in my car. I can't wait to install it this march. :lol:
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Jan 18 2010, 02:19 PM Wrote:well the other option over SVT is the European ST suspension like I got in in my car. I can't wait to install it this march.  :lol:
[right][snapback]299750[/snapback][/right]

What made you choose the Euro ST suspension?
03' Focus SE

roast,Jan 18 2010, 12:38 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jan 18 2010, 12:17 PM Wrote:I ran the SVT kit in my '05 ZX4 sedan, no issues and it really was night & day over the stoock suspension (Even the SES suspension I had was marshmallow on a cloud compared to the SVT kit)

Dixie Ford Speed Shop

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]299740[/snapback][/right]

NefCanuck, good to hear you liked the SVT suspension kit.

I checked Dixie's site and they didn't have the kit online... The performance store parts guy isn't in today so I can't get a quote...
[right][snapback]299742[/snapback][/right]

I checked with another ford dealer and they can get the suspension kit for $400+Tax. Dixie will be around the same price...
03' Focus SE

roast,Jan 18 2010, 04:15 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Jan 18 2010, 02:19 PM Wrote:well the other option over SVT is the European ST suspension like I got in in my car. I can't wait to install it this march.  :lol:

[right][snapback]299762[/snapback][/right]

Simple, I have the 2001 Street Edition Focus Saloon (sedan), and I already had the upgraded suspension in it, so when it came time for me to replace it I went ST, over SVT.

I got it thru Ken, so send him an IM, for what I got from him it was very reasonable.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
roast,Jan 18 2010, 11:38 AM Wrote:Steeda.ca wants $365 for the kit, seems like a fair price for quality parts.

I'm leaning towards the SVT kit due to price vs. performance and ride quality. I'm not into radically changing my ride height, i'd be looking for a 1" drop max...
[right][snapback]299730[/snapback][/right]

That's 412 after taxes ... I can sell you that kit for 380 including taxes - I've got one in my garage right now if you want one fast.

BTW - if your SE is SPI there's a good chance you have no rear sway bar ... to get the most out of your SVT upgrade you should really consider installing one.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
ZTWsquared,Jan 18 2010, 07:04 PM Wrote:
roast,Jan 18 2010, 11:38 AM Wrote:Steeda.ca wants $365 for the kit, seems like a fair price for quality parts.

That's 412 after taxes ... I can sell you that kit for 380 including taxes - I've got one in my garage right now if you want one fast.

BTW - if your SE is SPI there's a good chance you have no rear sway bar ... to get the most out of your SVT upgrade you should really consider installing one.
[right][snapback]299775[/snapback][/right]

I have an SE w/zetec and the SVT kit includes struts/shocks/springs and rear sway bar.

I'll let you know about purchasing the kit, I have one other thing on the go and it should resolve itself tomorrow evening (found one for $200CDN +shipping).
03' Focus SE

Frost__2001,Jan 18 2010, 05:00 PM Wrote:
roast,Jan 18 2010, 04:15 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]299762[/snapback][/right]

Simple, I have the 2001 Street Edition Focus Saloon (sedan), and I already had the upgraded suspension in it, so when it came time for me to replace it I went ST, over SVT.

I got it thru Ken, so send him an IM, for what I got from him it was very reasonable.
[right][snapback]299764[/snapback][/right]

I'm searching google for numbers... I like to know the spring rates and strut/shock performance data. I want to know (if possible) for 2000-2005 year ranges a baseline comparison for suspension bits... Also, how did you know the ST was/is better then SVT (i'm obviously missing something)?

SE vs ZX4 vs Street Edition vs SVT vs ST
03' Focus SE

roast,Jan 18 2010, 07:41 PM Wrote:

I have an SE w/zetec and the SVT kit includes struts/shocks/springs and rear sway bar.

I'll let you know about purchasing the kit, I have one other thing on the go and it should resolve itself tomorrow evening (found one for $200CDN +shipping).
[right][snapback]299782[/snapback][/right]

There are two "full" kits available. ZTWsquared, which kit do you have?

1. M-3000-ZX3 - struts/shocks/springs & rear sway
2. M-3000-ZX3A - assembeled struts/shocks/rear springs - no sway bar

Richard
03' Focus SE

roast,Jan 20 2010, 10:27 AM Wrote:
roast,Jan 18 2010, 07:41 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]299782[/snapback][/right]

There are two "full" kits available. ZTWsquared, which kit do you have?

1. M-3000-ZX3 - struts/shocks/springs & rear sway
2. M-3000-ZX3A - assembeled struts/shocks/rear springs - no sway bar

Richard
[right][snapback]299856[/snapback][/right]

Actually I have neither (sorry for misleading you) ... what I have is the M-5560-ZXM "Performance Spring" kit (comparable to the Eibach pro-kit ... ie: 1.5" drop) plus the M-18000-ZX3 SVT dampers.

In hindsight the kit that I really should have got is the M-5560-ZXM which is the same springs as above, but with the Dynamic dampers made by Multi-matic.

I can get any Ford Racing part number on relatively short notice, but I don't have either of those on hand.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Hi Richard, I'm running the SVT kit (M-3000-ZX3A - assembeled struts/shocks/rear springs - no sway bar) on my 2000 sedan. I love it. I'm running it with SVT rims and 215/45-17 tires, and get a little rub, but not much.

For me, since my car is a daily driver (120kms+ every day), it's the perfect compromise between comfort and sportiness.

I sourced mine from Tousley Ford (off of Focaljet), but since you're close to Ken, I'd go through him.

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost